Flour Tortilla Recipe.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BGKYSmoker

Nepas OTBS #242
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Dec 25, 2010
Rineyville, KY
Try em.

Flour Tortillas made with Butter

Ingredients
4 1/2 cups all purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoon salt
9 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 1/2 cup or more of hot water

Directions
1. Mix all dry ingredients together in a bowl .
2. Add butter to hot water and stir until dissolved ( I kept sticking in microwave to keep heat in water to melt butter .
3. Add 1/2 the butter water to the flour mixture and mix with hands to form a dough ball. Continue to add water until you get a nice dough ball . Remove from bowl and knead on a clean work surface
4. If the dough feels dry and somewhat hard , dip your fingers in some warm water and add water a little at a time. Each time you add more water to the dough it will feel slimy and sticky. That’s normal and do not add more flour. The dough will absorb the water and the dough ball will become smooth again. Trust the process . Continue to knead and add water until you get a nice soft dough ball. I usually kneed the dough for 15 minutes.
5. Put dough back in bowl and cover with plastic wrap or warm moist towel . Rest for 15-20 minutes . Take dough out and make little balls about 75 grams each . I usually get between 13-15 dough balls .
6. Return dough balls to the bowl and cover for an additional 20 minutes.
7. At this point you want to heat up your comal or skillet on a medium high heat.
8. Now working on a very lightly floured surface , flatten one dough ball , dip in a little flour and roll out to about 10-12 inches.
9. Place rolled out tortilla on your skillet and when bubbles start to form , flip tortilla over and cook for about 20 seconds or so .
10. Remove from skillet and place in a folded dish towel or tortilla warmer. Continue for all dough balls and enjoy your tortilla.

Reactions: 02ebz06 and chopsaw
Nice . Funny I just made some last week . I used crisco . Big difference over store bought .
I'll have to compare the recipes . Not sure where I got mine .

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky