Kung Pao Chicken Stuffed Turkey with Qview & Video

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

wingman

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Dec 18, 2009
Tacoma, WA
I set out to smoke beef ribs but both local Safeway 's and our Albertsons had none. What a friggen travesty! So there I was at the meat section and I had to improvise. Since I have not done a turkey in quite a while I went in that direction. I have been trying to think out of the box lately... Not sure why... I turned to my left and was looking down the Asian food isle. That's when it hit me... Kung Pao Chicken Stuffed turkey. I wasn't sure it would turn out but thought why the hell not.

The end result was amazing. It's now a favorite with my family. I was able to stuff 1/2 pounds of Kung Pao chicken in each Turkey breast. I mopped the inside cavities with a rub, butter and teriyaki sauce. The same sauce I later injected the breast meat with prior to smoking. once stuffed I applied some Jack's old south hickory rub and brown sugar to the outer surface. Then it was a nice smoke low and slow 230 degrees. The last 30 minutes I turned the hest up to 350. I'm really enjoying this Treager Texas Elite!

This might sound weird to some but it's well worth a try or should I say worth a smoke. Hope you sall enjoy...

Here is the step by step video.

Qview
Kung-Pao-chicken-stuffed-turkey1.jpg
Kung-Pao-chicken-stuffed-turkey2.jpg

Kung-Pao-chicken-stuffed-turkey3.jpg
Kung-Pao-chicken-stuffed-turkey4.jpg

Kung-Pao-chicken-stuffed-turkey5.jpg
Kung-Pao-chicken-stuffed-turkey6.jpg

That's a great looking turkey, Rob. Thanks for the pics.

That looks great, I'm just getting started in the world of smoking foods, and after reading a lot of the posts on smf, it amazes me how much food ideas people have, I see myself having to buy bigger pants in my future.

Sorry if some of you had issues viewing the video. I found a scene I had in it twice and my perfectionist (I try) side took over and I wouldn't sleep this evening if I didn't fix it.

The new video is up and I edited this thread to reflect the correct URL.

Sorry about that.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky