Keto Caramel “Apple” French Toast

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jcam222

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jun 13, 2017
Northeast Ohio
After about a month of brain lock on mew creations I had an idea. I saw a loaf of Keto Lewis Cinnamon bread at our local Meijers. First time I’d ever seen a keto cinnamon bread of any kind. I knew I’d think of something so bought it. I started thinking the obvious French toast and remembered the fake apple caramel pie I posted here last year. Fuse the two ideas together and voila. “Apple pie filling” is made from jicama. This time other than just cooking it on the ingredients (link below) I put it in the Instant Pot to further soften the jicama. Jicama had a natural hint of apple flavor but is a bit hard to soften. This helped a lot. Filling and caramel sauce are in this post of mine https://www.smokingmeatforums.com/threads/keto-caramel-apple-crumble-pie.300883/ French toast was just 4 eggs, 1/4 cup heavy cream and about 1/2 t cinnamon and nutmeg with a pinch of clove. Turned out very rich and decadent.
9946C345-A26D-4AB3-8063-42735555A283.jpeg

Holy cow! That is incredible! You already have me addicted to Sazon Goya, now you throw in jicama deserts/breakfast! Incredible Jeff! You are a master!
9D4CBE2A-9A7E-431F-9C34-A912299ABB8A.gif

After about a month of brain lock on mew creations I had an idea. I saw a loaf of Keto Lewis Cinnamon bread at our local Meijers. First time I’d ever seen a keto cinnamon bread of any kind. I knew I’d think of something so bought it. I started thinking the obvious French toast and remembered the fake apple caramel pie I posted here last year. Fuse the two ideas together and voila. “Apple pie filling” is made from jicama. This time other than just cooking it on the ingredients (link below) I put it in the Instant Pot to further soften the jicama. Jicama had a natural hint of apple flavor but is a bit hard to soften. This helped a lot. Filling and caramel sauce are in this post of mine https://www.smokingmeatforums.com/threads/keto-caramel-apple-crumble-pie.300883/ French toast was just 4 eggs, 1/4 cup heavy cream and about 1/2 t cinnamon and nutmeg with a pinch of clove. Turned out very rich and decadent. View attachment 633359
You're hired, Jeff, that look's F'in KILLER!!!!!!!

Sign me up for that breakfast in a hot second, looks fabulous! French toast with maple bacon of Canadian bacon, my favorites, might have to fire up the griddle in a few minutes, now I'm hangry!

I'm not a huge fan of French toast. Tracy loves it though so we have it on a somewhat regular basis. This however looks amazing!! I'd never think about turning down a plate of that. Fantastic Jeff....as always buddy.

Robert

Reactions: jcam222
I'm not a huge fan of French toast. Tracy loves it though so we have it on a somewhat regular basis. This however looks amazing!! I'd never think about turning down a plate of that. Fantastic Jeff....as always buddy.

Robert
Robert said it all, Jeff--if you add "truly DECADENT". Add some bacon, and I'd sure change my view on French toast.
Gary

Man Jeff! This made me remember the last time I had french toast. Which has been waaaay to long! Absolutely amazing!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky