I've Died And Gone To Bacon Heaven!!! Baconnaise

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Dukes makes bacon mayo??? Seriously? I had no idea this stuff was made commercially!!
I'm sure homemade is better , and now we have a formula . Dukes makes a " Tomato Bacon " flavored . Hellmann's and Heinze have baconnaise . I've seen them at the store just never bought any . I'll be trying it this week .

Reactions: indaswamp
How much bacon does one have to eat to get 2 cups of bacon grease, not like that's a problem?
I can answer that.....4.5# of bacon fried will give you 2 cups of bacon grease. Only reason I know that is because I've been eating the hell out of BLT's with home grown fresh tomatoes!!

Yes! Homemade Bacon Mayonnaise....a.k.a. Baconnaise!!!
View attachment 668386
Holy Crap! I'm kind of pissed this has NOT been in my life before now!!! Today is probably the greatest culinary day of my life with this discovery! Total Bacon Nirvana....Bacon Flavor Bomb...Flavor overload....It's like Mardi Gras in Flavor town!!!

Very simple. Only 4 ingredients (with an optional 5th)
View attachment 668393
Bacon Mayonnaise, a.k.a. Baconnaise

2 cups slightly warmed bacon grease (80-90*F) 413grams
The juice of 1 fresh lemon 30-35g.
2 whole eggs; plus one extra yolk 137g. (Must be at room temperature)
1/4 tsp. dark brown sugar (if the lemon is not sweet)

0.1% (0.58g.) potassium sorbate (optional preservative for long shelf life in refrigerator; and for any weee beastie bacteria in the raw egg.)
View attachment 668382

Can put the eggs in warm water for 15 minutes to warm...
View attachment 668392

Add 2 cracked eggs plus one yolk to a 1 qt. container.
View attachment 668383

juice lemon in a small bowl and add potassium sorbate (stir to dissolve)
View attachment 668384

pour lemon juice mix into 1 quart container
pulse blend with immersion blender 2-3 seconds
pour/spoon slightly melted bacon grease into quart container
blend with immersion blender starting at bottom of container and raise blender slowly to emulsify....blend no more than 10-15 seconds.
View attachment 668385
Done! Enjoy the Awesomeness!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
View attachment 668390

Yes...I went there....Baconnaise BLT!!! WOW!!!
View attachment 668388
View attachment 668389
View attachment 668391
Yes! Nirvana!!

• Love
Reactions: indaswamp
Wow swamp, this is just homemade sauce on in a new universe! 🙇
Thanks civilsmoker civilsmoker . My mind was blown when the idea hit me to make it. I had all this bacon grease...and I NEVER throw it away. It was just staring at me one morning while I was making toast....and I was out of butter. "Yeah, I'll just spread some bacon grease on it like we do at the duck camp. That'll work." Then I though of a BLT and BOOM! Idea hit me.........my life will never be the same.

Or something akin to Alabama white sauce on the chicken? Just gotta watch the flare ups. Sounds like a good experiment next weekend.

I can answer that.....4.5# of bacon fried will give you 2 cups of bacon grease. Only reason I know that is because I've been eating the hell out of BLT's with home grown fresh tomatoes!!
And there you have it folks, No matter the question, someone here probably has the answer !! GREAT place. Often there's a great story about how they found out the hard way LOL.
Now I'm off to investigate an immersion blender I didn't know I needed til these ENABLERS got ahold of me.

Lick marks. And nobody blames you.

1687228775698.png

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky