I've Died And Gone To Bacon Heaven!!! Baconnaise

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

indaswamp

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
Apr 27, 2017
South Louisiana-Yes, it is HOT
Yes! Homemade Bacon Mayonnaise....a.k.a. Baconnaise!!!
IMG_20230619_143058.jpg

Holy Crap! I'm kind of pissed this has NOT been in my life before now!!! Today is probably the greatest culinary day of my life with this discovery! Total Bacon Nirvana....Bacon Flavor Bomb...Flavor overload....It's like Mardi Gras in Flavor town!!!

Very simple. Only 4 ingredients (with an optional 5th)
IMG_20230619_132118.jpg

Bacon Mayonnaise, a.k.a. Baconnaise

2 cups slightly warmed bacon grease (80-90*F) 413grams
The juice of 1 fresh lemon 30-35g. (Room temp.!)
2 whole eggs; plus one extra yolk 137g. (Must be at room temperature)
1/4 tsp. dark brown sugar (if the lemon is not sweet)

0.1% (0.58g.) potassium sorbate (optional preservative for long shelf life in refrigerator; and for any weee beastie bacteria in the raw egg.)
IMG_20230619_133128.jpg

Can put the eggs in warm water for 15 minutes to warm...
IMG_20230619_132045.jpg

Add 2 cracked eggs plus one yolk to a 1 qt. container.
IMG_20230619_134418.jpg

juice lemon in a small bowl and add potassium sorbate (stir to dissolve)
IMG_20230619_135101.jpg

pour lemon juice mix into 1 quart container
pulse blend with immersion blender 2-3 seconds
pour/spoon slightly melted bacon grease into quart container
blend with immersion blender starting at bottom of container and raise blender slowly to emulsify....blend no more than 10-15 seconds.
IMG_20230619_135807.jpg

Done! Enjoy the Awesomeness!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IMG_20230619_143620.jpg

Yes...I went there....Baconnaise BLT!!! WOW!!!
IMG_20230619_143151.jpg

IMG_20230619_143300.jpg

IMG_20230619_144022.jpg

Ah dang! The sammichs and etc that could be made with that!!!!! Or just eat it straight out the jar.

Jim
I know RIGHT!!!!
My mind is racing....like Forest Gump on all the ways you can eat shrimp!!! LOL!!!! Well, there's remoulade....shrimp salad.....hamburgers....oh and how about those fresh fried walleye poboys the guys from Kansas bring down on the fishing trip!!! LOL!!!

Reactions: ConrodM
Um… hell yea and totally trying this… Where has this stuff been all my life?!? Thanks for the recipe Keith! I’m just thinking… this would be phenomenal for an ABT dip! 🤔

Um… hell yea and totally trying this… Where has this stuff been all my life?!? Thanks for the recipe Keith! I’m just thinking… this would be phenomenal for an ABT dip! 🤔
I KNOW RIGHT!!!! I am so pissed, yet so excited at the same time!!! SOOOOO many things I want to try that on!!!

For regular mayonnaise made with salad oil, you only need 1 egg for the oil to emulsify. But the added additional egg and egg yolk to the baconnaise helps the mayonnaise stay soft and spreadable when chilled down to refrigerator temps...
It also makes the Baconnaise more creamy and delicious!

You can use apple cider vinegar in place of the lemon juice if you like. I like the lemon.

Now I gotta figure out how I'm going to come up with 2 cups bacon grease. I use it to season all kinds of stuff. Currently it lasts just til the next bacon cook.
Been working on a recipe that takes at least a pound of bacon crumbled at a time. Maybe a few more experiments will get me there.

Reactions: indaswamp
Holy #$&?€¥√!!!!!! How have I never had or seen this. Moving to top of list. I'll need to cook a few lbs of bacon this week. I just used up one of my stash jars of bacon grease on a warm bacon vinaigrette.

• Haha
Now I gotta figure out how I'm going to come up with 2 cups bacon grease. I use it to season all kinds of stuff. Currently it lasts just til the next bacon cook.
Been working on a recipe that takes at least a pound of bacon crumbled at a time. Maybe a few more experiments will get me there.
You can halve the recipe. Use 1 egg and 1 yolk though.

I bet it's good . Never had it but the store I shop at carries the Dukes brand . I'll have to grab some .

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky