Its Wednesday......

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bbqgoddess

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
May 13, 2008
TEMPLE CITY, SO CALIFORNIA
Do you know what your smoking this weekend?????

I have to cook at a bbq, but I will be doing two beer in behind chix....One I am brining in a Dark rum, coconut brine....the other I have not figured out yet....

What about you???

PDT_Armataz_01_06.gif

BBQG

I just took out 2 packages of chicken thighs from the freezer. I will be dry curing I think. Thanks for remiding me, otherwise I would be sad tomorrow.

I am always sad when I am not smokin'.

Goddess,
I havent figured out anything yet. cooking Dutch oven for 3500 thurs to sun morn is a lot of work. i have my weber packed and am thinking of a couple fattys over the weekend. they are in the freezer getting rock hard. If i get lucky i may do a duck or pheasant but quail sounds kick butt too I'll just have to see

Doin' a Pork butt for a bud's wife's 50th B-day party out on the lake. He rented a double deck pontoon party boat... should be a blast!

Gonna stuff mini-pitas with the PP for 2 bite sammiapps. If you have not tried PP with the little pitas, give it a shot... they seem to go very well together.

Going to do a 15 1/2 pound brisket with Jeff's rub. Will definitely do Dutch's bakes beans.

Going to be smoking a variation on NH Dave's stuffed pork loin, some baby backs, abts, Iowan cole slaw and corn.

Going to smoke a pork butt and some ribs. Already got some rub made up and mustard sauce ready. Tonight I will make the bbq sauce and vinegar finishing sauce. Should be a good weekend!

I'll be doing the beer in the chix's butt, a boston butt and some BB. It's just the wife and I so the BB's will be for dinner Sat, Butt for Sun and the Chix for lunch next week....MAYBE..whatcha wanna bet it don't work that way...lol...anyways thats my story and sticking to it

Might get the meat there at Oneco. Most likely will be smoking a few racks of baby back or maybe spares. Not sure.

For your salmon do a search for dutch's maple glazed salmon. That maple glaze is tasty! I did the salmon along with a beef tenderloin for christmas. I was a lil nervous cooking a whole side of salmon AND a whole beef tenderloin. Its a bit intimidating to have that much money in meat in the smoker at once. They came out great!

I'm thinking a couple of chuck roasts....pulled with some au jus for some sammies and a batch of Dutch's wicked ones!!

Supposed to get together with the family this Sat. Mom says she is going to 'BBQ' - yeah right... I asked her what she was making and she said she had a couple of racks of BBs, which will, unfortunately, get cooked in the oven. Poor babybacks.
icon_sad.gif
She will probably grill a few split breasts. I asked her if she would mind if I brought over some brisket. I have half a brisket in the freezer, maybe 5 or 6 pounds worth. So, I am gonna get up real early and smoke it up! I just gotta try and turn this event into a half decent BBQ. I have had mixed results with brisket in the past, but I have much more confidence now that I have SMF to back me up.

smoking for a friends pool party this weekend, got a couple of butts and a brisket. May do some ABT's and a fattie or two also.

Haven't got a clue. Might do a couple fatties or somthing on the grill. Going camping thursday eve for a few nights, just playing it by ear at the moment
wink.gif

Two full racks of untrimmed spares, trying out some new cherry chunks. Haven't decided on a glaze yet. Also smkin' some pintos.

Well,Being retired,We have 6 saturdays & 1 Sunday each week !
So I did some smoking tuesday,did some Riblets,Dawgs & onions,first time doing these,day before did Shish Ka Bobs,.
saturday going to Ankeny,seems as though a humongous private all Chevy collection is going to be opened to the public,along with a car show,as a benefit.Its the Albaugh classics. www.thealbaughclassics.com
Then Monday 3 days at Iowa Stae Fair,tuesday is the farm bureau BBQ cookoff contest. soo will get to sample some good BBQ and get some recipe ideas.

Two packer briskets and some Wicked Baked Beans for Sunday's supper-got the whole famdamily coming over.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky