It is time for pastrami

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

sausage joe

Original poster
Jan 5, 2008
Ohio
This is the time of year for pastrami. Here are some pictures of a couple I did yesterday.
412df9e0_vbattach17129.jpg

6295fbf6_vbattach17128.jpg

7b9f68d8_vbattach17127.jpg

530999c5_vbattach17126.jpg

Dang! I gotta get off my butt and try pastrami some time. Ahhh...sooo many meats sooo little time eh?

attachment.php

Hmmm got some belly lined up for bacon in the bottom of that pic? LOL!

They tasted great made 4 more. The rub I used is my own concoction. A lot of pepper, coriander,and juniper.

Joe what cut of meat did you use for those? They look great, can ya tell about how long they took and what temp you cooked them at? I am new to the smoking stuff and these look great... Good job.....

Those are 2 corned beef flats that I seasoned with pastrami rub and smoked at 225f for roughly 5 hrs. That is when the they reached an internal temp of 160-165f.

I have had a brisket flat in brine since Monday and plan to rub and smoke it Sunday. I hope it tastes as good as it smells right now. This is my first serious attempt. This is serious food !!!!
icon_smile.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky