Independence Wings

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

motocrash

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Aug 25, 2017
Winchester,Va
Nothing like a kettle emitting apple wood smoke on the 4th of July.
My sis bought me some new stuff to try. The stuff is super fine powder and hard to shake on evenly. The flavor was good but I think I'll shake into a bowl next time and dredge.
Cooked my normal way, screaming hot with lid rotation every 5 mins with flip at 20 minutes.

Ready to come off after about 50 minutes.

1657039058107.png

Stingin' Honey Garlic@ 6 O'clock to 12 O'clock. Buffalo Ranch 1 O'clock to 5 O'clock.

1657039137844.png

Wow, very nice! We like Frank’s, didn’t realize they made those seasonings as well! Will keep an eye out for these and try em… my son is a huge wing fan! He would love these, they look top notch! Thanks for posting!

Reactions: chopsaw
Bill , you're the wing master . Always perfectly cooked .
That's a great set up on the kettle too .
Really nice cook .

I haven't seen those two seasonings , but have had this one awhile . It makes great chicken tacos . I'll have to look for the ones you have .
1657045751717.jpeg

Wow, very nice! We like Frank’s, didn’t realize they made those seasonings as well! Will keep an eye out for these and try em… my son is a huge wing fan! He would love these, they look top notch! Thanks for posting!
Thanks WHB, the Franks seasonings were bought at WM.
Bill , you're the wing master . Always perfectly cooked .
That's a great set up on the kettle too .
Really nice cook .

I haven't seen those two seasonings , but have had this one awhile . It makes great chicken tacos . I'll have to look for the ones you have .
View attachment 636728
Thanks Rich, It's really a simple method that turns out the same every time. Though you do have to hang out at the kettle. If I can do it consistently, anyone can.
The Chile N' lime is what I mentioned to sis, the local WM didn't have it, but she came home with the ones I used.
It looks like it's super fine powder too? Almost dust?

Nicely done Moto. Those wings look fantastic

Point for sure
Chris

Those are some killer looking wings moto, those pictures are reason enough to get a kettle. Awesome job! I’d destroy about a dozen of those no problem.

They look delicious! Been too long since we had wings...better change that!

Ryan

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky