Hunting And Fishing Thread!?!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Nice bucks we don't get anything like that down here. Some high fence places around that have those kind of deer but they are all imported. When hurricane Michael hit there were some of those kind of big bucks and some exotics that got out from the trees knocking down the fences in those high fence places but I'm not that close to any of them. I've never hunted anywhere other than Florida

It took 4 years to draw this hunt, was drawn 2 times and covid shut it down then was out pointed last year, seen some good deer and grandson turned 18 on first day of the hunt, doe was 3.5 years old weighed 72lbs dressed, seen 1 that was a trophy bet she was over 200lbs on the hoof, love to know her story. Hope everyone has a great safe season

Attachments

• IMG_8752.jpeg
    IMG_8752.jpeg
    402.8 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_8749.jpeg
    IMG_8749.jpeg
    269.2 KB · Views: 13
My kinda thread!! Been a hunter and fisherman my whole life. Was a serious trapper for 15 years till the fur market tanked. Here’s a few pics from this bow season….I’ll add more pics later. Thanks to all posting - love this stuff
Timber

Attachments

• IMG_3582.png
    IMG_3582.png
    982.2 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_3391.png
    IMG_3391.png
    474.1 KB · Views: 14
Lets keep this thread alive!

Went out Bass fishing today with my youngest son and a friend of his, we walked some ponds casting a variety of lures and had a good time.
I got dialed in early on what and how they wanted it, then I gave the young men a clinic on catching Bass.
Everybody did pretty good in the end, and had a real fun time.

Here's mine.

s5U5807h.jpg

YUcStPJh.jpg

S6Ae7UTh.jpg

x7a22tVh.jpg

672dp11h.jpg

9XlLpiAh.jpg

keln6mAh.jpg

LoZ9LXTh.jpg

4q9yn3vh.jpg

Went out Bass fishing today with my youngest son and a friend of his, we walked some ponds casting a variety of lures and had a good time.
I got dialed in early on what and how they wanted it, then I gave the young men a clinic on catching Bass.

Here's mine.

View attachment 690484

View attachment 690485

View attachment 690486

View attachment 690487

View attachment 690488

View attachment 690489

View attachment 690490

View attachment 690491

View attachment 690492

John, appreciate trying to keep this thread going… started it so we can all share our hunts/catches… Again, thanks bud!

BTW, nice bass… wish we had them more plentiful here. Those sure look nice man… and nice spending time with the kiddos!

Reactions: chilerelleno

Here's mine.

View attachment 690484

View attachment 690485

View attachment 690486

View attachment 690487

View attachment 690488

View attachment 690489

View attachment 690490

View attachment 690491

View attachment 690492
Perfect eatin size chile. Break out the cornmeal and get the grease hot!

Here's mine.

View attachment 690484

View attachment 690485

View attachment 690486

View attachment 690487

View attachment 690488

View attachment 690489

View attachment 690490

View attachment 690491

View attachment 690492
Whatcha gonna use them baitfish for Chili ;)

It's flathead time!

• Haha
John, appreciate trying to keep this thread going… started it so we can all share our hunts/catches… Again, thanks bud!

BTW, nice bass… wish we had them more plentiful here. Those sure look nice man… and nice spending time with the kiddos!
My pleasure!

Not really kiddos any more, young men, he and his friend are both 18.
But the time was indeed quality time.
And I'm happy to be included in anything he does since it is less and less as he grows into his own man.

Reactions: Rafter H BBQ
My pleasure!

Not really kiddos any more, young men, he and his friend are both 18.
But the time was indeed quality time.
And I'm happy to be included in anything he does since it is less and less as he grows into his own man.

Thanks again John! Sorry, but in my mind if they are 18 or 40… they are still my kiddos. 🤷‍♂️🤣

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky