How To Clean Maverick Thermo Lines

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mkedda

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jun 11, 2009
How do you clean the thermometer wires and probes on your maverick or other digital thermometer?

What is the manufacturers suggestion?

What works best?

The wires I would say use a old toothbrush to get into the braiding. The probes I use a scotch brite pad. In the future, take some foil, about 6-8 inches wide and about 20 or so inches long. Fold it in have a few times till its about an inch wide, then wrap that around the wires and just onto the probe about half and inch. This will help keep your wire clean, and also protect the wires from the heat and smoke that will deteriorate your wires. Look on here and you will see that several people that have the maverick unit do this.

Warm soapy liquid and a little brush.

I use a Scotch Brite pad on the probes, too. I don't worry about the braided wires as long as the probes are working.

Dave

How would sliding a piece of heat-shrink tubing over the wires work for keeping them clean? Just a thought...

why do you want to clean them all ya need is a clean
icon_question.gif
probe

you're suppose to clean them? lol.
I do like mentioned above....scotch bright on the probe to remove the what ever is on there, then I spray it down with some Clorox and water and let it set for a few minutes
I woouldn't put water to the braided lines....I could see somethjing bad happenin

When cleaning the probe, hold the probe with your free hand. If you hold it by the wire, you will likely pull the wire out of the probe.

Mavericks seem to be the best available, but none the less, they resemble cheaply built Chinese stuff. Treat the probes with kidd gloves.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky