how long to wet cure a boneless turkey breast

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

scott j

Original poster
Aug 3, 2011
pa
Looking for information on how long to cure a boneless turkey breast also what temperature to smoke. And what temp should the turkey be when removed from smoker I have a masterbuilt 40 with an amps

Why using cure?

Will you smoke for more than 4 hours?

Trying to get a "Ham Flavor"?

Increasing moisture in the meat?

I've brined a whole turkey and like the results

When just smoking the turkey breast, I inject it with a mixture of white wine and melted butter

This works better for me, and we really like the results

Maybe add garlic and/or some spices

Todd

i am looking for a ham flavor my daughter likes turkey ham not real ham i will be smoking it for moor than 4 hours

Sorry i left ya hangin'. I just did a breast this weekend and I brine-cured for about 18 hours. Came out just fine..

Sorry i left ya hangin'. I just did a breast this weekend and I brine-cured for about 18 hours. Came out just fine..
Sounds about right. I would guess 18-24 depending on the brine. I used Pops brine recipe and went for 4 days, but that was bone in and I forgot to pump it. He suggests 3 days with his recipe. And no way should it take 4 hours to smoke to 165 internal. 2 hours tops. No need for low and slow on poultry, there is no connective tissue to break down...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky