How long after smoking

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I have kept pulled pork and brisket up to 3 days. If it's not gone by then, I freeze in individual packages.

...on how it was handled before you got it, how long it was thawed before you smoked it, how fast it reached safe temp (over 140), type of meat, and fridge temps. A good rule is: if we don't eat it within 24 hours of the smoke, it gets frozen.

Eric

If kept in an airtight container -like tupperware or ziploc bag- and the fridge is properly cold, I think a week is okay. This past fall I discovered a single serving bag of pulled pork BBQ buried in the back and ate it to no ill effects other than wishing I had more!

I don't go past 7 days...but the left overs normally don't last passed 2

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky