how good is this slicer?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I have the same slicer, but with a different name...Waring Pro. Apparently whoever makes them puts several brand names on them.

That said...I've been using mine for about 6 years now....not heavy use, occasional...3-5 times per year, and probably slicing up 10-15 pounds each time. I have no complaints, you just have to get used to the thickness adjustment, and the fact that its a bit of a PITA when it comes to cleaning.

Overall, if you're not going to be using it like in a deli...I'd give it a thumbs up.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

I have it and overall I like it.

Some people complain the it is not too good at slicing deli paper thin, so if that's want you want, you really need to spend a whole lot more money. Most of the low priced slicers are not too good at very thin slices.

Clean up is a lot easier if you take that round slider bar off. There are two screws that hold it on, then the bar and meat carrier, as well as the round slicer blade, can all go into the dishwasher. If you don't take it apart, it's a bear to clean, just like most other slicers.

It looks like a good slicer and deal to me. I don't have that model but I got one off E-bay. I couldn't find the size of the motor in the pages in the link but it would all depend on how much you plan to use it.

I looked over the website you linked to and it looks like a really good slicer.

Have no idea on its performance as far as shaving/thinness capabilities, but I can say that I like the Stainless Steel blade and product-contact surfaces, along with the aluminum base and housing as far as sanitary-design is concerned. Thumbs up on that!

It's CE rated (approved for sale and distribution in the EU) but didn't see anything about an UL listing for the motor. That may be something to flag.

The price looked real good.

I'd say check it out in more detail, and if you don't plan on running it for hours slicing up your buddies' venison loins, you should be okay for light-duty home use.

Been away for a couple of days. But want to say thanks again for the replys

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky