How do you get meat from the smoker?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I have had a similar pair of gloves for years. They came with our Showtime Rotisserie. They have been indispensable and I am going to have to buy a new pair soon.

Got a pair of vinyl/plastic/neoprene "chemical" gloves at TSC for $3.99. Put the meat on a foil covered baking sheet and cart it in.

I use a similar pair of gloves ( mine are black )

you can find them in different stores for less than that .

I buy mine at either Tractor Supply or Harbor Freight and I only pay around 10 bucks.

They work like a charm

Good Luck

Here's what I use, $14.00/pr (8 yrs ago) from my wife's favorite store, the Pampered Chef:

I use these pretty regulary. If a piece of meat gets stuck to the grate, you can get underneathe and gently lift it up with little/no damage to your masterpiece. I've used 'em on fatties, fattie pies, butts, brisket, chickens...

Here's their site. I didn't find 'em there just taking a quick look for you, but I may not have looked in the right place.
http://www.pamperedchef.com/

Eric

The chemical gloves I tried were too slippery I resorted to cheapo leather gloves to move the rack to a table and bear claws to move it to a pan or flip it.

I may try a pair of those silcone gloves if I find a pair locally so I can look at them.

That last post above is similar to what I was going to suggest ^^

My thought would be to invest $10 or so in a set of those bears paws!

Not only to they help move big hunks o meat, but they also make shredding pulled pork or beef super easy.

Those gloves are a great idea too, as far as handling the meat - but with the bear's paws you get the added bonus of very easy shredding. Just a thought.

Here's a link at Amazon, but I think they might be cheaper on eBay.

http://www.amazon.com/BEARPAWS-Bear-...5458944&sr=8-1

Seems like the bear paws would puncture the meat to much and let out all your good juices before it has a chance to rest and redistibute them?

For things like ribs and chicken quarters I just use a pair of tongs, but for large chunks I can usually just reach in and grab them with a pair of gloves, or if the meat is foiled already, then a couple of pot holders.

2 high temp silicon tongs. Lift and carry on to tin foil, then some BBQ gloves to transport. Usually I have the cooler right there, so transporting bare meat is fairly short.

Now my problem is I like to pull the pork when its still hot. I'm guessing those silicon gloves would make my life easier for that / less painful?

Cheapo leather work/gardening gloves work for me. The meat is most always wrapped in foil anyway. And I try to set the cooler, plate, whatever right next to the smoker so I only have to move it a couple of feet.

I use bear paws and sometimes large bbq tongs.

Yep. Whatever gloves and tools you may use, it's still best to be able to just pick up -> turn -> set down into/onto destination.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky