How did you come up with your screen name?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Well it's a half of a name that's bin with me for al long time. The complete name is Daddy-O's Groove Tracks. That's what I go by in the music industry. Daddysgrooveandgrub is my Instagram name. For my love and music.

My best buddy, about 10 yrs. older than me had a big inflluence on me growing up. I met him in my early 20's. He had a saying for everything and liked to "mess" with me. Around a campfire with our girls one night the smoke was full time in my face and he told me that I needed to get a "left handed smoke shifter". Cancer got him about 10 years ago at a little under 60. The "left handed smoke shifter" was right in line with him asking me (on the const. site) to get "the board stretcher" or a box of "toenails" out of the truck to mention just a few out of the all day constant and mostly not repeteable here, saying's. Another term of his that I almost used was "Chickenhead", don;t ask!
roflmao.gif

Reactions: novegan007
My screen name comes directly from my grandkids. I own a 2006 Jeep Rubicon. When my granddaughter came to visit they pulled in the driveway and she saw the Jeep and said " papa jeep" repeatedly. My grandson also picked up on it and it stuck.
Rees my grandkids
And here's my Jeep

Mine is my screen name on everything and a nickname that was given to me in another country when I was doing "security" work years back.

My brother & I one day were in  the backyard yard just knocking golf balls around with some clubs, and acting like jackasses. All of a sudden, don't know why, I started wailing on them and yelling "Shekky!". Ever since then my brother has called me Shekky or Shek as my nickname. Years later I was trying to come up with a name for my PS Network handle and Shek was taken. For some reason Grandmaster Flash came to mind so I chose GrandmasterShek. That is the name I usually have been using on forums ever since.

I had several to choose from, various screen names from other forums depending on what it was about.

I don't have any ducks any more so I figured swampducks was out

another MI centric one just didn't do it for me when I joined yesterday

and Rocket's Momma is too sad seeing how Rocket has been gone 5 years now.

I could have used buzzsolo since my sisters have called me buzz since 1969 (my DH's grandfather was named Napoleon Solo, really, truly!)

but I decided to just stick with Lunarocket, Luna is the yellow lab in my avatar, Rocket (RIP) the chocolate.

It also sort of goes well with me being a NASA fan and all.

Dave is the name and 17acres. dave17a. Changing to Dobie. Should of thought of that before. Grandad called me that. He thought I walked like him. Dont know. Dobie Gillis
usa.gif

I have yet to go for a long ride with out some thing breaking due to

things not being done right by the guy who had it before me.

Right now it's in the shop getting it's heads done.

Last name is Sykes - have always managed to pick up the nickname syko (or psycho as they probably intended it to be) especially back in the 60's with the music scene. Hence thesyko

Mine came from a screw up on a time card at my old employer. I worked as a welder and sheet metal fabricator for the Kenworth truck company for about 25 years.

I came in one week and instead of time card saying Baker, Ray.... It said Bakeray

Not sure how I came up with it I was as you signing up it just came to me. Of course if you ask my neighbor he may say it could be that I would be half smoked as well as what I'm smoking. Hey that's what its all about enjoying what your doing and being relaxed. Just kidding about the name. Happy smoking and enjoy I have done some petty good deer meat.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky