How did you come up with your screen name?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
my wife tried to feed my son with pasta, tortellini, spaghettini (i think) and he doesn't like it - that's how I concocted his nickname, jacobini

the next morning, while watching a marathon on superheroes, he just called himself as jacobini man, bright for a kid, eh.

when i was little, daddy called me that. i hated it then, but when it came  time to pick a name on the fig forum, it popped into my head.

asked for one here, i just used the same name incase any of my fig growing friends came here.

Well my screen name comes from my first job. At the ripe old age of 21 the guys I worked with discovered I'd yet to loose my virginity so henceforth I was nicknamed Peewee after the character off of the 70s film Porkys. Like most it's a name that's stuck and a name I've used ever since I started using the Internet. I've even used it at my xbox gamer tag. Oh and the 76 was the year I was born.

You can wake up now.

The end

Well mine is simple....Scuba for scuba diving and Murr for the first part of my last name. I started using it when I got my first AOL email account and screen name. Been using it ever since for anything online.

My Freinds call me Spike (due to the three stainless steel spikes in my lower lip) and I ride a 2012 Harley Limited - SpikesHD

:grilling_smilie:Came up with Dragonsmoke by adding my high school mascot with what I intend to do with my MES and dragons do a bit of smoking......so there ya go! Originally from Purcell Ok. But a ten year transplant to Idaho. Have also lived in Enid, a little closer to Jeff's neck of the woods.

Dad nicknamed me Hammerhead when I was a kid, apparently when I got mad I would bang my head on the floor, the wall or whatever was close (could be what's wrong with me now). And I was born in 1971. Hamrhead1971

PLIMTUNA 

Back in high school a guy started calling me plimtuna.  my real name is Tim Plona, he made it up by contracting the two names

PL from PLona

IM from  tIM

TU from Tim   (never found out why it wasn't PLIMTONA  )

NA from ploNA

I hated it 35 years ago, but since the internet came around it has been my on-line moniker.

You can also call me PLIM  or TUNA or Plimster.

My son is Timmy and I tried to get him to become PlimmyTuna, but he did not take the bait.  So here I sit all alone.

Quite some time ago, I was signing up for something and it asked me to pick a username.  Every name I entered was already taken.  I got tired of guessing so I picked something that I figured nobody else would have used.  I now use the username of 'killtheotters' for everything I sign up for.  I get a lot of people asking me why I want to kill otters.  I really don't.  It's just a name that nobody else uses.

My other half calls me Little Bunn

Quite some time ago, I was signing up for something and it asked me to pick a username.  Every name I entered was already taken.  I got tired of guessing so I picked something that I figured nobody else would have used.  I now use the username of 'killtheotters' for everything I sign up for.  I get a lot of people asking me why I want to kill otters.  I really don't.  It's just a name that nobody else uses.
roflmao.gif
     How funny...

Mine's obvious- I live in Sarasota and my name is David. After I created it and saw it online, I thought "Oh crap, now I sound like I'm a rapper"(not that there's anything wrong with that!). Oh well, It's mine now and I own it! :-)

Last edited:
After 42 years of smoking  cigarettes (mostly Camel Non-filters) I woke up and quit and about a year later I started smoking again, only this time with a MBE (Master Built Electric), a much preferred method of absorbing carcinogens
icon_lol.gif

With the money I no longer spend on cigs, I enjoy a much greater selection of Barley Pop, Micro Brew whenever possible
th_anim_burp.gif

That reminds me, I have a sixer of IPA in the beer box I haven't tasted yet, ya'll have a good day!

well, i was trying to come up with a name for my Facebook bbq page and i was thinking about my oldest daughter at that same time. When i call her cell phone, PapaBear comes up on it. So there you have it, PaPaBear's BBQ was born........

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky