Howdy y’all

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Jake out west

Original poster
May 13, 2024
I’m new to the forum - a PNW native born and raised in Oregon and currently living in the Puget Sound area. I hunt deer and Elk and process my own meat, but send the scraps out for sausage. I’ve always aspired to make my own sausage and this will be the year. I expect it to be both art and science and hopefully I can sponge up some collective knowledge here to come down the learning curve faster than if I were going it alone. Right now I’m busy honing the tools (I enjoy breathing new life into old tools) and will post some pics and questions as I work through those (first up will be a vintage Hobart grinder).
Cheers!
Jake

Welcome from Hawaii. Lots of sausage makers here. I'm sure you will get some great input!

Howdy Jake, welcome the to group from New Mexico.
Yup, plenty of "seasoned" (pun intended- Haha) sausage makers here.

Welcome Jake. If you have a question about making sausage, any kind, I guarantee you there's someone here who can answer it. Ask away...

Welcome, from Colorado. You'll get plenty of help with sausage here. A lot of these guys really know their stuff.

Hobart grinder? You're on the road to quality equipment

Welcome from my summer home in MN.
Spent over 16 years in Puget Sound. Never went meat hunting, but harvested from the sound. Miss the fresh Dungeness crab.

I’m new to the forum - a PNW native born and raised in Oregon and currently living in the Puget Sound area. I hunt deer and Elk and process my own meat, but send the scraps out for sausage. I’ve always aspired to make my own sausage and this will be the year. I expect it to be both art and science and hopefully I can sponge up some collective knowledge here to come down the learning curve faster than if I were going it alone. Right now I’m busy honing the tools (I enjoy breathing new life into old tools) and will post some pics and questions as I work through those (first up will be a vintage Hobart grinder).
Cheers!
Jake
Welcome from SE Florida!

Hey everyone, thanks for all the kind words and loving the puns. Should be a fun adventure!

JOW, Welcome from NH. You've come to the right site to learn and share in a multitude of topics from sausage making to smoking anything under the sun !

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky