how did santa treat y'all?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tasunkawitko

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
May 27, 2008
Chinook, Montana
hope everyone had a great christmas - i surely can't complain about mine as i was able to spend it with family, which was the best gift of all.
mrs. tas got me a few nice books that i am very much looking forward to reading. two barbecue books (paul kirk's "championship barbecue" and karen putman's "championship bbq secrets for real smoked food"). they look pretty good with some good ideas that conform well with what i already have learned about barbecue. kirk's book especially seems to be good in that it provides a person with the tools for doing well and then pretty much sets them going on the road to discover for themselves. if they get stuck, he gives them some great recipes. the putnam book also looks good with lots of knowledgable ideas. she also got me the fourth and final giada de laurentiis cookbook (i had gotten the other three earlier this year):

2009-12-27_065617_cookbook_family_dinners.jpg

also, she got me sarah palin's book, "going rogue," and glenn beck's "arguing with idiots" as well as two gifts personalized with "baitshopboyz.com." one was a pen cased in maple wood and the other is a nice travel mug with scenes of hunting and fishing:

2009-12-27_065137_winter_hunt.jpg

2009-12-27_065211_big_fish.jpg

i got her a camcorder, some very soft, warm socks, a necklace with a black cat made of onyx for a pendant, a little cat/fishbowl figurine from glass baron, a fabricated-metal wall clock with a moose theme. a few other "little" assorted things, but those were the main ones. my parents got me a few things, including a good-sized jar of mediterranean sea salt and a heavy carhartt jacket that should be good down to 40 below.

merry christmas to all!

Wife and I don't spend much on each other at Christmas, as we buy things through out the year, rather, we focus on the kids. However, I was at Gander the week prior to Christmas, and I heard the ghost of Christmas future whisper in my ear, he said "go look at the stuffers". I did and tucked back in the corner by the store room they sat, 2 of them. 15# stuffer, 129 bucks.
biggrin.gif

same here, meat hunter. we gave ourselves a budget to spend on each other and i am pretty impressed with what she did with her half. she was able to get a lot of bang for her bucks while i had to split the cost of the camcorder with her mother.

wife bought be some Alder wood to try out and Rytek's Sausage Book. already read about half of it. Great information there.

Merry Christmas all.

My christmas was spent in West Viginia working to put the power lines back up so that other people could have Christmas. Got called out on tue. and got home today around 10:30. Missed my grandson opening his presents but i'm happy knowing that i helped other people enjoy their christmas

This year has been busy for both the wife and me, barley had time to cook and bake, so shopping was not a priority for each other.

I was able to sneak out to Gander last Sunday and score a 15lb stuffer for her thanks to Meat Hunter.

In case that did not work I called a friend of mine who sells remote car start systems for cars and got her one of those.

One of my boys brought me some marinades from Nashville that I have not seen around here.

It was sure nice having both my boys home at the same time and we all got along!

Christmas was good, I didn't get the smoker for Christmas but did get one because of a bonus I received, It is an Old country smoker, really nice compared to my older Smoke N pit. Other then that, it was lots of new shirts and ties.

Let's see. I got an Alpine head unit with usb capabilities. It's nice to have a couple of small usb flash drives instead of a few hundred cds in the truck. I also got a few gift cards to Buffalo Wild Wings, a shirt, gift card for Menards, a book on smoking, a Heart concert dvd and some cash.

It was a good Christmas.

Man that's amazing. What will they think of next. And to think, I just got all my 8tracks switched over to cassettes. Now I have to start all over again LOL.

Man thats the best Christmas present. Helping other people so they could have a merry christmas. My hats off to you, and all the people that had to work Christmas to keep all of us secure.

Many Many thanks to all that made Christmas happen.
Dennis

PDT_Armataz_01_05.gif
Didn't know she knew how to write
PDT_Armataz_01_12.gif

I got wood, money, knick knacks, ALF season 1 and 2 on DVD.

Best gift was what we got for my Parents, a bad a** Sony Blu-ray player with WiFi, Ghostbusters, the new Star Trek and the series John Adams on Blu-ray.
Was going to go for Blazing Saddles on Blu-ray but that can't look that good no matter how many times they digitally enhance it.

Ditto on the thanks Linescum, Glad it wasnt us, but in case it is next time thanks...

As for santa he treated me great, Kids seemed to enjoy the day and days since. WE too kept the cost down betweent the wife and I, I got 2 new Honer harps, My meat slicer and from the inlaws I got a 50.00 gift certificate and 20.00 hooters gift certificate !!
Saw lots of faimly and fed most of them!!

Merry Christmas fellas

FiU - mrs. tas got me the new star trek around thanksgiving time, wasn't able to watch it until just last night and loved it, although i will admit it shook up a few things in the "normal" (perhaps "established" is a better word) space-time continuum of star trek.

as for sarah - give her a chance before you dismiss her - read what she has to say rather than what everyone else has to say about her, then decide.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Got another smoker! A CharGriller Smoking Pro with the fire box and whatnot. Assembled and seasoned it today. That makes a propane grill, a Cabelas bullet smoker, and an offset smoker in my stable of cooking goodness!

Also received a jalapeno corer and rack, some kabob skewers, a grilling basket for veggies, a wok, half gallon o' bourbon, a case of Arrogant Bastard Ale, a beer making kit, and some random other awesomeness... :)

all good:

18.5" WSM - used it twice already
- gift certificate to Bass Pro Shops(jalapeno holder will be mine soon)
- mgift certificate to Brookhaven markets(one of the local spots I buy my unenhanced pork, and sometimes beef)
- also got a couple b one in hams(made one tonight)

My wife got me some stuff and I got her some stuff. All that faded into the background because My son finally came home for Christmas. No-one in the family knew where he was for the most part for the last 8 years or so. We'd all get cards on our birthdays and holidays and the odd phone call but he was mad at my Wife ( His Step Mom ) and his Mom ( My ex )They had a big fight it was a tough love kind of thing. He vowed to never set foot in our house again. He was mad at me because I didn't take his side. He never even called for 2 years but He and I made up. Whenever he called If She answered the phone he would hang up. Then on the 23rd of Dec calm as could be he knocked on the door and said to her, We have to talk. They went out for coffee I wasn't invited They talked it out and then they came home laughing and joking as if the last 8 years didn't happen.
She said he has been clean and sober for the last 5 years. I am amazed. We had a marvelous Christmas with all the family showing up boxing day to meet and talk to our prodigal son. Our clan is about 30 strong, 10 from out of town so we had a houseful.

My cup runneth over.

Linescum. Thanks for your efforts on the behalf of those who really needed you. I applaud anyone who serves to help in times of need.
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif
That is the true Christmas spirit and what the season is all about.

Got an early Christmas present in Sept. The goddess said I needed a new stuffer so she got me a F. **** 12# stuffer. Today she said she is tired of watching my son mix sausage by hand and bought us a LEM 25# meat mixer. God am I one lucky man.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky