Hot beef sticks...my 1st batch with Qview

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jack07

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Jun 11, 2012
Wisconsin
80% Beef 20% Pork....ready to grind

5da00fc7_IMG_5635F.jpg

Ground mixed and then ground again.

1ef674b1_IMG_5636F.jpg

Stuffed & into smoker to dry for 1 hour 

83fbbf7f_IMG_5638F.jpg

Smoked to INT of 152...smoked with Pitmaster pellets (awesome!)

46065b06_IMG_5639F.jpg

Money Shot!...... They taste great!!

f14d0c54_IMG_5643F.jpg

Cut end nibblers.....I even shared a couple with my dogs.

8fe343b2_IMG_5644F.jpg

I use to pay a local meat market to smoke my meat sticks...never again! I can't wait to make some summer sausage. 
pot.gif

I used the LEM Backwoods kit...added a couple tbs of Hungarian Paprika. Stuffed into Lems 21mm collagen casings. 

Jacko7, I use the LEM backwoods spicy stick mix too, and for me it is awesome. I have been known to add just a bit of cayanne pepper to give mine just a tiny bit more bite.

Yours look so tasty, GOOD JOB.

I have had to put my smoking on hold for a while, I am having a new house built on my property, and have moved out of where I was living, so Now I'm living in my fifth wheel travel trailer till my house is completed, which I hope will be in Aug. some time.

Sure miss being able to do my smoking.

Rich

Looks great !!!
I did somee SS few weeks ago now I need to do some sticks .
What cut of beef did you use ?

Jacko7, I use the LEM backwoods spicy stick mix too, and for me it is awesome. I have been known to add just a bit of cayanne pepper to give mine just a tiny bit more bite.

Yours look so tasty, GOOD JOB.

I have had to put my smoking on hold for a while, I am having a new house built on my property, and have moved out of where I was living, so Now I'm living in my fifth wheel travel trailer till my house is completed, which I hope will be in Aug. some time.

Sure miss being able to do my smoking.

Rich
Thanks Rich...I agree Backwoods has a nice flavor. I may add a little more heat to my next batch, but this batch is more than hot enough for my family. I can handle a little more kick. Hope all goes well and you are back to smoking soon!

Looks great !!!
I did somee SS few weeks ago now I need to do some sticks .
What cut of beef did you use ?
I used some Angus stew meat that was on sale at my local market. He even threw in the pork fat!

Looks great just got my new Lem stuffer yesterday will be trying some this weekend I hope unless honeydo's are first ya right NOT

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky