RoughRider Meat Sticks

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mossymo

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
May 30, 2007
Glenburn, North Dakota
Mixed up a small batch of RoughRider meat sticks using 5 pounds brisket trimmings and 4 pounds of buffalo burger. Stuffed some with 21mm mahogany collagen casings and some in 1 ½” mahogany fibrous casings for some summer sausage.

1.jpg

-----

These were smoked in two batches in the GMG Davy Crockett, few hours of smoke and then finished them in a convection oven.

2.jpg

-----

Both the meat sticks and summer sausage have an excellent flavor with a medium heat level. Feedback and reviews so far from customers trying this flavor have all been great.

421525422_243972345420881_5208232915921909951_nLogo.jpg

-----

422333151_1444109723151652_5200561752733089507_n.jpg

-----

422586306_368526689237995_4199886000878310357_n.jpg

Thanks for looking!

They look great! Dang, now I'm gonna have to go shopping... know a guy that has a few different blends for sticks and such! :emoji_blush:
What temp were you running on your GMG?

Ryan

Mixed up a small batch of RoughRider meat sticks using 5 pounds brisket trimmings and 4 pounds of buffalo burger. Stuffed some with 21mm mahogany collagen casings and some in 1 ½” mahogany fibrous casings for some summer sausage.

View attachment 687870
-----

These were smoked in two batches in the GMG Davy Crockett, few hours of smoke and then finished them in a convection oven.

View attachment 687871
-----

Both the meat sticks and summer sausage have an excellent flavor with a medium heat level. Feedback and reviews so far from customers trying this flavor have all been great.

View attachment 687872
-----

View attachment 687873
-----

View attachment 687874

Thanks for looking!
Holy smokes those look fantastic!
They look great! Dang, now I'm gonna have to go shopping... know a guy that has a few different blends for sticks and such! :emoji_blush:

Ryan
The DC GMG will run at 150. I have smoked jalapenos in mine to make some nice "chipotle" powder

Last edited:

Ryan
Thanks!
Around 2 hours in the smoker at 160° and then another hour or so in the oven at 170°, really didn't keep track of time close. Pulled the sticks when they reached 155°.
We're sliding away from the "safe" directions we give customers for cooking meat sticks. But for how we have the Davy Crocket set up with an elevated rack and switching the cook to a convection oven this has been working well for us.
We got rid of our large vertical smoker and our looking at a smaller one. Just haven't made a final decision yet.
Quite a few new last year, and 6 new flavors this year!
Owens BBQ Seasonings Flavors1-6-24.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks!
Around 2 hours in the smoker at 160° and then another hour or so in the oven at 170°, really didn't keep track of time close. Pulled the sticks when they reached 155°.
We're sliding away from the "safe" directions we give customers for cooking meat sticks. But for how we have the Davy Crocket set up with an elevated rack and switching the cook to a convection oven this has been working well for us.
We got rid of our large vertical smoker and our looking at a smaller one. Just haven't made a final decision yet.
Quite a few new last year, and 6 new flavors this year!View attachment 687907
Thanks Marty!
Currently I don't think I'll go shopping on your site... a much better time is when I'm stuffed full from supper! But will reach out to you soon... need to find a recipe for son in law for sticks.

Appreciate everything I've gotten from you all so far and the great service that goes along with it!

Ryan

• Love
Reactions: mossymo
Nice looking sticks Marty. One of these days I'll branch out.

Point for sure
Chris

• Love
I'm getting low on sticks here, that's kind of odd for me, but I think this may be a good restock blend!

DAMMIT, now I have to grind meat and stuff sticks... How "depressing" is that? :emoji_sunglasses: Insert sarcasm here. LOL

• Love
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky