Horizon Smoker Customer Service…

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Its_Raw

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Nov 25, 2023
Hello! I ordered an ash tool from Horizon Smokers several weeks ago. My credit card was charged, but I have not received an email confirmation, nor will anyone answer the telephone. I have also sent two emails through the “contact us” feature on their website without success. Is this normal for this company or are the no longer in business? Thank you!

I ordered one at the same time. I've not heard a word from them.

Correction, I did not use PayPal and they've charged my card, also.

Ohhh, I've heard they're slow and they don't answer the phone. The customer service is lacking . But they're not dishonest.

They'll get around to it , eventually. But I'd still like to cancel.

Reactions: 1MoreFord
I doubt they sell very many of these clean out tools.

They put their smokers in Bass Pro Shops, so they've got bigger fish to fry, no pun intended.

I am going to give it a few more weeks, as I really liked thge look of their ash tool.

Excellent, glad to hear yours arrived. I assume mine will be here soon.

No luck this weekend for a delivery...

Smokin Okie - Do you recall what day you ordered yours?

With their accessory orders I understand they wait until they have enough orders to justify production. Sorry, but the 1 whatever you want does not justify breaking into other production runs to upset normal plant flow. It's not just them.

1MoreFord - I totally get that for sure, but the lack of a order confirmation email, the failure to return phone calls and emails, or having any kind of explanation or warning of the delay, is unacceptable.

1MoreFord - I totally get that for sure, but the lack of a order confirmation email, the failure to return phone calls and emails, or having any kind of explanation or warning of the delay, is unacceptable.

True , they could do better. I sort've knew their ways, goin in. I guess I should've spoke up. Since I recommended them.

Sorry, but the 1 whatever you want does not justify breaking into other production runs to upset normal plant flow. It's not just them.
That's bullsh!t. Horizon absolutely needs to state that clearly when ordering.

That's bullsh!t. Horizon absolutely needs to state that clearly when ordering.
Your option is to cancel or wait. I don't consider it ideal customer service either but if that's how they run their business customers can choose their option. I have one if their smokers and would recommend it and when customer service really matters they deliver. When I ordered my smoker from them the shipper let it will and arrived damaged.They had build and shipped a replacement before the original had been returned.

Your option is to cancel or wait. I don't consider it ideal customer service either but if that's how they run their business customers can choose their option.
Then they need to state that when ordering. If they don't state that then I stand by my first reply.

Reactions: Culinary Otter
They're so "on top of things" that their website literally expired:

"Website Expired
This account has expired. If you are the site owner, click below to login."

Yeah sorry, there's a certain minimum level of expectation out of a company, and if they can't even bother to act like they exist, then that's typically not a good sign. It's 2024, there's zero excuses for failed receipts, expired websites and more. What that says is "we're not willing to put the time in". Your products aren't your business, your products + the customer's experience are your business. Currently, the customer experience doesn't exist period. As of Feb 19 2024, Horizon BBQ Smokers for all intents and purposes does not exist.

Also re: customer service -- for customer service to matter, again it has to exist in the first place (eg. they can be contacted). Just some food for thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky