Not impressed with Tel-tru

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Danblacksher

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jul 15, 2022
Brandon, Mississippi
Just letting people here know about my experience with Tel-tru customer service. I am not mad, but just a public service announcement. I got my new smoker 9 months ago and bought the Tel-tru 3 inch gauge 10 months ago. today the gauge stopped working so I took a picture as well as a picture of the receipt and sent an email to tel-tru. While I appreciate the response, I am a little confused how the llc business that resells their product is the original purchaser. So if they bought a 1000 of them they are the owner on all 1000, and does the warranty start when the resale business buys stock or when someone buys it? If the business buys these gauges for stock in 2022 and they don't sell it for 12 months does that mean when I buy it there is no warranty. Island outdoors owns this site https://bbqsmokersupply.com/. I was on Amazon but I have bought stuff from Web sites, amazon, and brick and mortar and the warranty of a product during the 1 year manufacturers warranty usually goes thru the manufacturer. Just had to warranty an air rifle thru gamo that i bought thru Acadamy sports, and they were fantastic. Just provided a description of the issue and proof of purchase. Here is the response below from Tel-tru, and no I dont smoke above 800 degrees ever. Just making everyone aware if you dont buy it thru the tel-tru website, tel-tru wont warranty their product. I have contacted island outdoors llc. and we will see how they respond. I ran to lowes in the middle of the cook and bought a 3 inch oklahoma Jo's and it worked fantastic.

Hi Dan,

I am sorry you are experiencing a problem with your thermometer.

You indicated the needle no longer works. We see this as a symptom when the thermometer has been exposed to temperatures beyond the max temperature. If your smoker has ever been operated at high heat temperatures above 800F it would temper to the bimetal coil and cause the pointer to stop moving. This will happen with any brand of bimetal thermometer and would not be covered by warranty.
If you believe you have a thermometer that is defective, please contact the seller on Amazon to make the warranty claim. We need to track the quality issue back to the order placed with Tel-Tru. There is a 1 year warranty on the thermometer with the customer that purchased the thermometer directly from us.

Kind regards,
Yvonne
Yvonne O’Brien
Director – Strategic Accounts

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky