Help with Masterbuilt Customer Support

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ChuckDans

Original poster
Jul 10, 2023
Hey yall, new to this board but have been lurking for a little bit. I've seen some folks on here who have had better success with Masterbuilt customer support than I have so reaching out to see if there's something I'm doing incorrectly.

I ordered the gravity series 800 model on 6/13 along with the matching cover from the Masterbuilt website. On 6/21 they delivered the cover but not the grill which I figured was just because the grill would take longer to fulfill but noticed the packing slip and their online order information have the actual grill marked as delivered and that I was still waiting on the cover. I submitted a ticket that day because I was concerned that mix up would mess the rest of the order up. I never heard back from my support case, just out of the box messaging saying deliveries were taking longer than expected which wasn't the problem I was facing. Since then I have opened up 5 support cases, reached out via Facebook, Instagram, the Live Chat on their website, their customer service email on the site and even left a voicemail on the website accessibility hotline since that's the only phone number that isn't a message telling you to go to the website. Everything has just led to getting a message of "we're sorry this has been escalated and you'll hear from us soon" and then radio silence. They also ended up delivering a second grill cover on 7/6 just as I expected they would. I went ahead and disputed my charge and got my money back from VISA but my concern is that their finance team thinks that my order was delivered and then fight my dispute (the person who runs their Facebook account even congratulated me because my order was marked delivered without even looking at my actual issue).

Is there a way to get a hold of someone there who can actually help? I've never run into customer support this bad and it's super disheartening because I was pretty pumped about that grill (I've since sworn this company off and bought a Traeger instead).

Reactions: JLeonard
Unfortunately I hear their customer service is really bad anymore, they used to be good a few years back when I had to call them. I think the last ditch effort would be file a complaint with the BBB, that usually will get the companies attention.

Reactions: JLeonard
Unfortunately I hear their customer service is really bad anymore, they used to be good a few years back when I had to call them. I think the last ditch effort would be file a complaint with the BBB, that usually will get the companies attention.

That's actually a good call. May do that just to see if I can finally get some sort of response. Also backs me up if their finance team fights my charge dispute.

Reactions: smokerjim
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky