Holy You Know What Batman Look At These Meat Prices

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ronp

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Apr 27, 2008
http://www.allenbrothers.com/

I saw a catalog at the doctors office and couldn't believe people paid this kind of money for meat, but I guess they do.

prime graded(only 2% of US beef is graded prime), dry aged , or kobe beef is expensive thats for sure.

Ive eaten Allen Brothers meat at some of Chicago's best steakhouses, and it is top notch, and worth every penny for a special dinner.

A person would have to be crazy in my opinion to pay those prices...
icon_rolleyes.gif

Prime or not, that's crazy. We get prime on sale around here for 9.99/lb.

Dry aged is another matter. I have seen it at about 18/lb at specality high end markets here in Houston.

Just Sayin I will stick to my Q . My favorite steak is ground sirloin .

If there is no dripping off the fork why bother ? However I do like me some good Chicken Fried Steak but you would expect that since I live in the Chicken Fried Nation of Texas !

Yep......Where else are you going to get Dry aged Waygu (Kobe) beef. Definitely not something to eat everyday, but I have been seriously considering ordering a couple of thick Ribeyes.

Now I can speak only of the words of experance I did order the Rush Limbaugh Sample Pac (cost 199.99) on his word that it was the best ever. Let me tell you the steaks 1 Sirloin (2") and 1 Ribeye (1 1/2") was more then delish and melt in your mouth tender. The Filets were really good to but the ribeye is the way to go. Now the hotdogs were really good too but a good Nathan's from coney Island is just as good to me. The burgers are nice and really tastey some of the best I have ever had. Call me stupid but sometimes I fell I'm worth it and I splurg and treat myself to something really nice. You should try it one day.

I think most of us here needs the exercise so chewing isn't a big deal...
icon_mrgreen.gif

I don't buy dry aged prime for home but I sure like it for a nice dinner out with the wife.

+1..

got my 40th coming up next month.. damn sure Ill be eating an Allen bros. out.. only go around once

Ronp, I know you luv Sam's, I was there yesterday, and there was some outrageous meat prices. Ribeye Roast Choice, same that the steaks are cut from, was $14 per lb, I paid at Costco, $8.00 @ Lb. New York Strip Loin, $11 @ LB. I paid $9.00 at my Meat shop for Prime not choice.

I got my chicken wings there, and was happy with the package size and price, Costco only had frozen, and the price was higher.

I was happy to hear that the Sam's I use will not be closing, there are 6 in the Sacramento area, they closed one, most of the employees were moved either to other Sams or Walmarts.

Dry-Aged Bone-In Ribeye: (4 steaks) 18 oz ea (1.25" thick)
Item # DA401
$174.95

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky