Holiday

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

rondiaz

Fire Starter
Original poster
May 20, 2009
What is everyone cooking for the holiday. I am thinking about doing some smoking maybe Sunday and Monday for sure. But I can't decide what to cook up.

I'm heading north today to see if I can buy a brisket in the big city. I was at the Trail Silver City days BBQ cookoff and learned how to trim one properly and how to smoke it properly so am going to give it a try myself this coming weekend. The guy I watched smoked his for 16-18 hours and came in 2nd. So I think I got a shot at a decent piece of meat.

And some ABT's & Beans of course.

I know this isn' smoking but every Memorial Day my wife and I make paella. It's a tradition we accidentally started since we began dating. The other two day's off.....well, I am seriously considering my brisket over hickory.

I am making my virgin smoke on Saturday. I have a 5lb bone in Boston Butt. Gonna smoke that with a pan of Wicked Baked Beans underneath, and I am making some BBQslaw. If it all works out, it should make for some GOOD eats. :)

What's your address?? I'll be over Saturday afternoon.....
PDT_Armataz_01_22.gif

Just outside Philly. Come to Philly, put your nose in the air, and follow the smell of the Q.
PDT_Armataz_01_14.gif

This sounds real good, I might have to try something along these lines.

Brisket and Chicken for sure plus whatever else shows up.

we will be at the lake Friday thru Monday and I told everyone I would cook just bring the meat and the adult beverages and have a good time.....

Dang I can't wait for Friday.......Come On Friday

My company has a hugely important project for our largest customer this weekend. Because of that, I have to fly from Florida to Seattle on Friday. Then work a few hours on Saturday afternoon. Fly home Sunday. I stand to get in around 30~35 hours OT out of the deal, and the work should be easy. Wish it wasn't a three day weekend, but the house needs a roof, so I'm gonna scarf up whatever OT I can get.

For Monday, I told the wife to buy fresh, or defrost anything she wants, I'll smoke or grill it. I probably won't know what it is until Sunday evening when I get home.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky