Daytona 500 grub

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

normanaj

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Feb 2, 2014
Rhode Island
Not the biggest fan these days but I'll still watch when I can and Daytona is always one I look forward to.

I do have a rack of lamb ribs I'm going to do tomorrow just not sure exactly how I'm going to do them yet.

Anyone else planning something for tomorrow? Or quite possibly Monday considering the weather there for this weekend.

Reactions: mr mac and JLeonard
Man I haven’t watched nascar in quite a while. I was always a start, nap, finish watcher anyway. I always Watched all of the short track races… amazed me on the skill of those guys going that fast in what is basically a left turn all day!
gonna be at my folks tomorrow….may watch a little of it….weather permitting in Daytona.

Jim

Reactions: Brokenhandle
I'm pretty sure tomorrow will be rib day at our house. Then again, The Better 9/10ths might have something up her sleeve.

Reactions: JLeonard
Now that football season is over and the Arabs have ruined golf I'll be tuned in for sure, sports on TV is dead this time of year. I'm doing a lamb roast today. Might spin it on the kettle, got a new Ronco 5000 to break in, and there's always the sous vide pot. Having the sous vide set up makes for easy leftovers that aren't overcooked, tho I do love cold lamb sanny's. Decisions, decisions. Nice to have options. RAY

sawhorseray sawhorseray if you use the Ronco post up a review.
Sure, I don't post up many cooks these days, just jokes. My old Ronco 4000 died mid-cook after over 20 years of faithful service a couple weeks back, I loved that thing. I recall I bought the 4000 for $149, the new 5000 arrived at my doorstep for $156 OTD, looks identical to me. They have cheaper ones now, and digital ones that cost more. This should work fine, same as I had.

DSCN0395.JPG

Not the biggest fan these days but I'll still watch when I can and Daytona is always one I look forward to.

I do have a rack of lamb ribs I'm going to do tomorrow just not sure exactly how I'm going to do them yet.

Anyone else planning something for tomorrow? Or quite possibly Monday considering the weather there for this weekend.
rack of St Louis. race or not.

Rain suit and rubber boots.
Rained pretty hard this morning in Clermont and that is usually the line to Daytona for weather events.

Oh wait! You said grub not gear.

Wife requested pulled pork. That may happen on Monday weather permitting.

• Haha
Reactions: jaxgatorz
About 20 lbs of canadian bacon and a small pork shoulder for pulled pork. Not watching the race but am golf, LIV be damned. Will go hit some dimpled balls this eve to try and get ready for a FL golf trip in few weeks and another in June down in AR.

Reactions: jaxgatorz
Going to be doing ribs in the Pit Barrel Cooker.
Used to be a race fan but not so much anymore but will be checking in to see who is winning.
Two family packs of ribs from my local meat store should be enough for my boy and my self.

Reactions: JLeonard
Got 2 thick pork steaks thawed out, not sure about the sides, maybe some tater salad, a little birthday party around 12ish wife is making a strawberry cake for the birthday kids, this is February cook my sister inlaw has so many grandkids instead of each she broke it into months lol

Sure, I don't post up many cooks these days, just jokes. My old Ronco 4000 died mid-cook after over 20 years of faithful service a couple weeks back, I loved that thing. I recall I bought the 4000 for $149, the new 5000 arrived at my doorstep for $156 OTD, looks identical to me. They have cheaper ones now, and digital ones that cost more. This should work fine, same as I had.

View attachment 688914
I miss my old Showtime grill, it kicked out some kill'er grub. I got rid of it because of lack of storage space in the house we just bought. I'll get another after I remodel the kitchen. This kitchen has the worst layout, I've ever seen, it's going to be really challenging to come up with enough space for things.
I'm going to have it professionally designed, not some yahoo at Lowes or Home Depot. I need a nice space to cook in, my wife doesn't know how to cook, so she just wants it pretty.🤣

Please post up, how the new unit compares to the old one.

Thanks.
Dan.

I was a huge NASCAR fan for many years. I have been to the California Speedway to watch them many times. I also use to have a 1/3 mile local track I went to every weekend for years until one day they just up and closed it. Even the drivers were lined up to enter since they gave no notification that they were closing. That sucked.

I was getting really tired of them when they were the first sport to go woke. The "Young Gun" thing was also really annoying. Then they started running commercials during green flags. Once Rusty Wallace retired I had enough and have not watched a single race since.

Enjoy your food though.

Reactions: Nodak21
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky