Spiral Ham for One

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BrianGSDTexoma

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 1, 2018
North Texas, Texoma
I have a Frick's spiral ham. Normally I would just smoke it and portion out to give to friends. Since this is a holiday they will have their own left overs. I am undecided on what to do. I am also waiting on new vacuum sealer as I had to return previous one and threw away inkbird as it became a fire hazard. Suppose to be here Sunday but who knows? I was thinking of just cut the slices off and cook the portion that left on the bone?

I like the plan of sharing with the folks at the river. I'm sure they would be more than appreciative.

Jim

I was going to suggest a pea soup or ham salad with the leftovers, but it sounds like you already have a good plan Brian. Good for you helping out a neighbor in need.

Point for sure
Chris

Generous of you. I smoked a 20 lb PB and smoked some cheese for my family contributions this year. Most of my cooking is just for one person. When I smoke a ham I just make thin layers in zip lock bags and use the "suck out the excess air with a plastic straw" trick then freeze flat in a pan, then stack in the freezer corner or stacked in the door slots for what ever use I have for it later. What ever is left on the bone and fatty discards go in a gallon bag to freeze to add to a pot of beans later. That has been working well for me for years. Thanks for posting and Merry Christmas to every one.

Last edited:
Reactions: DRKsmoking
Good to see your still cooking and helping out anyone that you see can use the help.

Good on you Brian , you have a very kind heart.
Best wishes to you over the holidays.

Times counting down on getting your hands looked after also.

David

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky