Holiday Breakfast Charras: Prime Rib & Eggs Mexicana...WOW (Pics)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tx smoker

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Apr 14, 2013
Lago Vista, Texas
Everybody is busy posting their holiday dinners and understandably so. I thought it may be fun to mix it up a bit and post our breakfast from yesterday morning. Sure, I smoked a rack of pork ribs on Saturday that came out super good but the last thing the forum needs right now is another pork rib post from me :emoji_laughing: This breakfast was made with leftover prime rib from Friday. I tend to do a lot of scrambles with fresh veggies and meat left over from recent cooks but wanted to do something a tad bit different this time. Tracy was off to church so that meant I got to delve into culinary insanity with no outside interruptions and this is what I came up with.

Start out shredding a couple pounds of extra sharp vintage cheddar cheese.
001.jpg

Cut up some onions and jalapenos then into a skillet with some butter.
002.jpg

Shave about a pound of the PR while the veggies are sweating down.
003.jpg

Four Charras with a layer of refried beans.
004.jpg

Add the prime rib next along with a sprinkle of my beef rub.
005.jpg

Cook the onions and peppers down a bit and add diced tomato fresh from Rick's garden the day before.
006.jpg

Crack in a few eggs and mix it all up.
007.jpg

When the eggs are almost done add them to the Charras. They will cook a bit more in the final step.
008.jpg

A pile of the previously mentioned fresh shredded cheddar cheese.
009.jpg

Got the Hy Fyre running about 325 and on go the Charras. No smoke, just heat. A lot of glare for some reason.
010.jpg

Took about 20 minutes to heat up and melt the cheese. Into the house and plated with some fresh guac and sour cream, then we are patio bound.
011.jpg

A little closer...of course :emoji_wink:
012.jpg

Wasn't sure if I could slice them to see all the layers of goodies but I kinda got it cut clean....well almost.
013.jpg

Once again, a little closer.
014.jpg

Hey Brian ( BrianGSDTexoma BrianGSDTexoma ) are you looking my friend? This is another that I think you'd really like. This was fun, creative, different, and absolutely delicious. We both agreed that it was one of the best breakfast meals we've ever had. Finding these Charras not long ago was somewhat of an accident but they have been a game changer. I've found tons of different ways to utilize them for different approaches to a variety of meals. Needless to say, they have become a staple in our pantry.

Gonna call this one done and let y'all get back to your regularly scheduled holiday festivities. Have a great Memorial Day and let's see all those amazing meals...especially the ribs for your TD entry :emoji_wink:

Robert

Looks like that was a great breakfast.
I need to use my smoker for more that just meat, especially now that the weather is getting warmer.

Love it Robert! You hand me a left over sliced sliced RR! I’m betting that HF will see double duty in the hot months….along with the yard tub!

Good grief Robert! That one’s out of the park! Very creative and layered with flavor. I do some of my best work unsupervised as well, but what you’ve done here is outstanding. Very nice work.

Looks delicious Robert! Would make for a great breakfast anytime of the day... only thing that might change is the drink of choice !

Ryan

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Looks most excellent Robert. I had to work over the weekend and sure could have used a breakfast like that to start my day.

Point for sure
Chris

Great idea Robert and a nice looking breakfast! I get tired of the same ol same ol for breakfast all the time, so this would be a welcome addition. I just need to work scrapple into it somehow :emoji_laughing:

Looks like that was a great breakfast.
Thank you. It was very good.
I need to use my smoker for more that just meat, especially now that the weather is getting warmer.
I have a high intensity propane burner in this thing and using that I'm able to get the rig up to 400* in a matter of a few minutes. We've been using this almost exclusively since I finished it. Much better than heating up the house with the oven.

Robert

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky