Hiya! New member from Bath

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

SebHoward

Original poster
Nov 6, 2020
Hi all,

Came across this forum whilst researching smoking. My dad and I have been dabbling in cold smoking and a bit of hot smoking over the last few years.

I'm currently in my final year at Loughborough University studying Product Design, and have decided to focus my major project this year on the hot and cold smoking of foods. The aim of which is to design and develop a new smoking system that mitigates problems and issues that people currently have with smoking foods. Although I have some degree of experience with smoking, I am just embarking on this project so am in a very much research phase currently and would welcome any thoughts and comments that people could offer on the subject!

I am conscious that I don't want to appear to be 'spamming' any channels with links to a survey or asking questions, so if someone could offer some guidance on which channel would be appropriate for this type of thing I'd greatly appreciate it. smile.png

But other than that, its nice to meet you all!

Welcome from Wisconsin.

The biggest challenge I get from cold smoking is humidity and airflow through the smoker cabinet.

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

JC :emoji_cat:

Interesting project and Welcome to SMF. One thing you will have No Problem getting around here is Opinions on how it should be done.😂 I don't think you will be Breaking any rules since what you are doing is Educational Research and not Selling anything. However, best to check with the Admin types, pc farmer pc farmer bmudd14474 bmudd14474 . Good luck...JJ

Reactions: JC in GB
Welcome from Wisconsin.

The biggest challenge I get from cold smoking is humidity and airflow through the smoker cabinet.

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

JC :emoji_cat:
Thanks for commenting! Yes, both things that I am considering currently - is the humidity control something that is affected by the ambient conditions where you live or the moisture in the wood chips themselves?

Interesting project and Welcome to SMF. One thing you will have No Problem getting around here is Opinions on how it should be done.😂 I don't think you will be Breaking any rules since what you are doing is Educational Research and not Selling anything. However, best to check with the Admin types, pc farmer pc farmer bmudd14474 bmudd14474 . Good luck...JJ
Thanks, thats good to know! I'll drop them a message, cheers

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky