Hickory prices?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

goosekilla

Original poster
Feb 21, 2008
Hey all! I have been away all summer working and such. I have begun cutting firewood to sell for extra cash and ran across quite a bit of hickory. I have always cut my own on my property and have never thought about selling it. However being a contractor doing custom homes bites the big one right now so it is whatever to make a dollar. How is cooking wood sold and what is a fair price right now. I am in East TN. Thanks in advance.

I don't really know how much Hickory is around here, I have a buddy I get some (less than good ) shag Hickory fron for $35 a pick-up load. I've got a short bed Dakota. And it would be a problem getting to you, scheduling the wife's work and the price of fuel now! But if you get a grip on cost and have a way we can work out the transport, then yes I'd love to have some good splits. I use about a cord of Hickory a year along with the Apple and Maple I get here. I have a friend in N.Central Ky. and am way past due to visit them,sooo...
confused.gif
E-mail me and we can parlay the details.
biggrin.gif

Hard telling as the market drives it like any commodity. But...how bout a Roll Call post? It's the proper way to introduce yourself here... and plus we're nosy ;{)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky