A Real Smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

CanehillMike

Original poster
Jul 12, 2023
Finally found an excellent real smoker. My old one died after 30 years of faithful service. The new one is a Franklin Smoker made with 1/4" rolled steel. The cooking chamber has two rolls of steel with an air chamber for insulation. Took me quite a while to find a real smoker that has a firebox designed for logs of wood. There are some offset smokers sold at home improvement stores, but they are thin metal and poorly designed. And, I don't like electric or pellet smokers which is what is mostly available now, just can't get the flavor I'm after. The best part is that the smoker is not powder coated, you just season the steel so the metal patinas. I found this smoker by posting on this forum. Thank-you, it is hard to find a good smoker today unless you have it custom built. I live in Arkansas and had to have it shipped from the Houston area. Worth it!!

Last edited:
Great to hear! Now that’s we’ve got the words…. We gotta see the pics! Dont be teasing us.

Jim

Reactions: mr mac
Yeah, I think we're gonna need some more info. :emoji_wink:

Pictures would be great!! Who built it for ya?
Franklin pits are to the specs of Franklin bbq founder Aaron Franklin. They are built and sold with his name. They’re not a custom builder and only make the one backyard pit.

Reactions: babydocsmoker
Here are some pics. I didn't have it built. It is a brand called Franklin Smoker. Look at the thickness of the metal. Amazing.

Attachments

• IMG_7632.jpeg
    IMG_7632.jpeg
    445 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_7631.jpeg
    IMG_7631.jpeg
    486 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_7630.jpeg
    IMG_7630.jpeg
    153.6 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_7629.jpeg
    IMG_7629.jpeg
    526.9 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_7628.jpeg
    IMG_7628.jpeg
    635.3 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_7627.jpeg
    IMG_7627.jpeg
    370.7 KB · Views: 59
Reactions: Dustin Dorsey
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky