Anyone from northern Connecticut/southern Mass have a good wood supplier?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

NorthernCTSmoker

Original poster
Mar 13, 2023
Hi everyone! I just bought a brand new offset smoker and I'm having trouble locating a wood supplier that has seasoned hickory or oak. Most of the places I've called just sell firewood and don't sort it. Anyone live relatively close to the area and know a good wood supplier or have any recommendations? I really want to use this thing this summer lol

Thanks in advance!

Try a local tree service company. Some will let you pick the wood up before they shred it.

Chris

Reactions: smokerjim
If you near a state forest you might be able to go there and pick up the fallen timber, that might be seasoned enough for you to use. check the laws in your state though.

A ton of local tree guys here in RI that fell a lot of oaks. Problem is you'll be getting green so seasoning would be up to you.

A ton of local tree guys here in RI that fell a lot of oaks. Problem is you'll be getting green so seasoning would be up to you.
Ya, that's the problem, I want to be able to use this thing this year lol. There's a place I found in southern CT that I might have to rent a truck to go pick it up, but that's a haul. I'm just surprised at how many firewood dealers don't separate or know what they have. I guess I shouldn't be too surprised because not everyone smokes, especially here in CT. It's just disappointing. It's like having a Bugatti in the driveway without any keys lol

As others have suggested, a local tree service is a great source. It will save them money on disposal of the wood. Yes, it will be green, but a good start for next year. You can keep getting it each year and stay ahead of the seasoning process...

Reactions: NorthernCTSmoker
Try Morning Wood in Branford or WoodFellas in Colchester. They both have a variety including hickory, oak, cherry and apple

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky