Hi from Harpers Ferry WV!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Leonard114

Fire Starter
Original poster
Nov 4, 2017
Harpers ferry wv
hi everyone new to the forum and new to smoking! I just bought a camp chef smoke vault 24 and am currently smoking a chicken in it for my first smoke! Hoping it's gonna turn out good!

Pretty good!! Bird was a bigger than the recipe called for tho and took forever to cook and some wasn't cooked all threw :( but what was done was good. All and all for my first time ever doing it wasn't bad know what I need to change for next time!

Pretty good!! Bird was a bigger than the recipe called for tho and took forever to cook and some wasn't cooked all threw :( but what was done was good. All and all for my first time ever doing it wasn't bad know what I need to change for next time!
Yep,you'll be an old hand at it before ya know it.I was in Charlestown about 2 weeks ago and almost kept on up the road...It's been tooo long since Iv'e been to HF ! What wood did you use?

Bill

I'm originally from central pa so that's why I like harpers ferry it's kinda a little bit like being back home to me hahaha! I did like a rough 50/50 mix of apple and cherry chips which I think did pretty good myself lol

I live in the Mountains Northwest of Winchester,WV border is 3 miles from me. I'm a HillBilly or is it HillWilliam. HAH!
I do most of my poultry and gamebirds with apple,cherry or pecan. Sometimes a combo too.One inch thick cherry smoked center cut pork chops are on the menu tonight.Supposed to start raining tonight through Thursday :(

Welcome to SMF!
There are a lot of SV 24 owner's on here, including myself!
Good luck with the chicken!
Al

texas-animated-flag-1.gif
Good afternoon and welcome to the forum from a warm and cloudy November day here in East Texas, and the best site on the web. Lots of great people with tons of information on just about everything.

Gary

Last edited:
hi everyone new to the forum and new to smoking! I just bought a camp chef smoke vault 24 and am currently smoking a chicken in it for my first smoke! Hoping it's gonna turn out good!

Yes indeed. Rode my VMax up there with a VMax group many times. Rode the Ferry @ White's Ferry going thru Harpers Ferry on the same route. 25 to 30 miles apart if I remember correctly. Very nice riding in that area. Lived in Maryland from 2002 to 2007. That route and Gettysburg were my 2 favorites to ride. Back home in Louisiana again. Welcome Leonard, you'll find info about pretty much anything on SMF. If you asked how to cook a triple fudge cake you'd probably get at least 3 different ways, LOL! Learn to use the search feature. It is very helpful. So is everyone on here. Have fun!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky