Hi everyone!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

MattWTx

Original poster
May 27, 2019
North Texas
Hi everyone! Just dropping by to introduce myself. My family and I live in North Texas. I've been smoking on a casual basis for about 4 years total, excluding the almost 3 year hiatus.
I used to have an offset CharGriller but had a really hard time with consistency and ended up getting frustrated and taking a break. Recently purchased a Masterbuilt electric smoker encouraged by my wife to get back into smoking but to hopefully don't without getting as grouchy when things didn't go right. I was worried I wouldn't get good results but I've actually been thoroughly impressed so far!

I've referenced these forums a few times over the last few years and glad to finally create am account and participate in the conversation!

Last edited:
Amazen tray...

Turn that frustrating MES into a stone cold winner. It's an absolute must have for your unit.
Thanks for the tip, I'll have to consider one of those. Actually, the Masterbuilt electric smoker has been fantastic so far. The frustration came from the offset wood burning smoker. I could never get a constant temp and all kinds of other issues with maintaining the fire.

Reactions: JC in GB
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky