Help! Need a BBQ sauce with a “fruit” in it

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

sadler850

Original poster
SMF Premier Member
May 18, 2014
i just entered an amateur pulled pork competition and the rule require my sauce to have either apple, peach, or berries. Anyone have a recipe they can share?

Careful with the chipotles.didnt format well when I copied it.

Lbs
Peaches
Ea
Chipotle cut down by 1/2
Ea
Small carrot – sliced
½
Ea
Small yellow onion
Oz
Sherry vinegar
½
Cup
Sugar
Oz
Tequila
Oz
Peach Schnapps
Tbsp
Chopped cilantro

Peel and remove pits from peaches
Combine all ingredients except tequila, schnapps and cilantro and cook over medium heat until the carrots are tender
Puree with a blender until fairly smooth
Cool to 140 and stir in tequila, schnapps and cilantro.

Blueberry Balsamic is good but my kids prefer it with Strawberries. I gguess mixed berries would work too? Hmmm...JJ

BLUEBERRY BUBBA Q JUICE

1 Quart Ripe Blueberries/Strawberries

2 Each Shallots, Peeled and Sliced

1 Large Clove Garlic, Peeled and Sliced

1 TBS Butter

1 CUP Balsamic Vinegar

1/2 CUP Water

1/2-1 CUP Packed Brown Sugar

1 TBS Molasses

1 TBS Dijon Mustard

6 oz Heinz Chili Sauce or Ketchup

6 Each Large Basil Leaves, torn

Wash blueberries, set aside.

Melt the butter in a large sauce pan. Add the shallots and garlic, saute until soft but not browned.

Add the blueberries, vinegar and water to the sauce pan. Bring the berries to a boil, reduce heat and simmer the berries until soft.

Add the remaining ingredients stirring until well combined, simmer for 5 minutes.

Add the sauce to a food processor and puree until smooth. Return the sauce to the sauce pan. Simmer until desired thickness, adjust seasoning

with salt, pepper. Add additional sugar, vinegar or hot sauce to taste. Cool and store in refrigerator for up to one month.

Yield: approximately 1 quart.

Reactions: ksblazer
Are habeneros a fruit? ;) Those are some tasty looking sauces, I'm going to save this page.Good luck in the competition, with the knowledge here you've got a great shot!

Are habeneros a fruit? ;) Those are some tasty looking sauces, I'm going to save this page.Good luck in the competition, with the knowledge here you've got a great shot!
Chiles, like tomatoes, zucchini, eggplant, squashes and many other so-called veggies are actually fruit.
But alas, no doubt the judges are looking for the traditional sweet fruits/berries.

If you have Jeff's recipe, adding a heapful (pint or so) of berry "a" plus a 1/3 of a cup or so of corresponding preserves to berry "a" during the last 3 mins of cooking transforms the sauce.

I did a killer raspberry a few weeks ago honestly I could've used a bit moar heat in mine, but I'm a degenerate for spicy. The ladies loved it :)

If you have Jeff's recipe, adding a heapful (pint or so) of berry "a" plus a 1/3 of a cup or so of corresponding preserves to berry "a" during the last 3 mins of cooking transforms the sauce.
Pardon me, but can you can you clarify what Berry "A" is/are, is this a product or did you just mean fresh, grade A berries?

Prepare one batch of Jeff's BBQ Sauce.
During the last three minutes of cooking add in,
1 pint of fresh berries/fruit
1/3 cup of berry/fruit preserves

Reactions: fivetricks
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky