Hello from NW Michigan

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Jim_MI

Original poster
Nov 18, 2023
New here, so Hello to all.
I am trying to up my smoking game and hope this is the right place to start.
I am an avid kayak angler on Lake Michigan and have been smoking fish for about 5 years. I use an old Sears propane vertical smoker which I have modded with a Smoke Daddy Big Kahuna. Most of my efforts are toward presentation quality cold smoked salmon, which is a pretty high bar to aim for, but that's what makes this all interesting. After all, there are easier ways to get a nice bagel-n-lox sandwich than paddling several miles out into the cold lake, catching a salmon, and then going through the 2 day prep and 10 hr smoke! So, I am up for the challenge and looking forward to learning from all of you.

Cheers!

Jim

Hello Jim and welcome...
I am trying to up my smoking game and hope this is the right place to start.
This is absolutely the right place. There's a wealth of knowledge here about so many things and everyone will gladly share it with you, just ask...

Welcome from Virginia. I too am originally from Michigan. Detroit 'burbs. Also an avid Kayak angler! You've landed in a great spot.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky