Hello from New Brunswick, Canada

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

techy96z

Original poster
Jun 29, 2019
Just seasoned my new MasterChef vertical propane smoker tonight and looking forward to learning lots on here.

First question, during seasoning, there was a lot of smoke rolling out form around the door and there is no seal from what I can see. Should I look at buying a seal to try and close off some of those gaps?

Geoff

Reactions: JC in GB
First off, welcome from Middle TN! Second, I wouldn't worry worry about buying a seal. It will start to seal itself the more you smoke with it.

Welcome to the site happy to have ya join the fun. To your question - can you see visible gaps between your door and smokers body? If your seeing large gaps then you may need to message the door back into shape(if possible). If you see large gaps and can't adjust the doors shape you'll probably need a seal of some type. If the gaps aren't really visible then what 5grill says will work after a few smokes.

Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky