Hello from Austin, TX area

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

scarey

Original poster
Jun 25, 2012
Just found your site. Good stuff.

I'm from LA, and I've been grilling since I was 10 (40+ years). Just bought the Old Country BBQ Pit-Pecos model from Austin Academy over a month ago. Have used it 3 times and LOVE the results. I now have 6 other people wanting to throw meat on it when I fire it up. They all loved the results as well.

I use only pecan wood. Great taste.

welcome1.gif
 to SMF!!! We're happy you found us! Would you do us a favor and add your location to your profile, Thanks!

Welcome, AUSTIN,TEXAS!!! Another Texican Smoker!!!!

Rockport here, you'll love this place, and learn LOTS!!!! ( I sure have!)

Don't be afraid to ask questions, there is a LOT of knowledge here, and a LOT of good advice. Not to mention some Great Q-Views!!

SOOO.....Welcome and good smoking, and ATSG... 'Smoke 'em if you got got 'em' !!!

Larry

Hello , Cary. Welcome to the Bunch. I an Native to Temple , kidnapped to oihO by the Wife. Nice to have another (virtual) neighbor from home
biggrin.gif

Send Q-view and howdys up this way . I used to love Pecan , had two in the yard and the neighbor had several we used the wood of, Great taste and good long burns.

Have a good Holiday Season and be safe..

Stan

Love it ,BUT, my results were so impressive to my co-workers, I have a grand opening this Sunday-10/28 @ 300 Hwy 290 East, Suite B in Elgin, TX... "Brisket Boy's Bar-B-Q". A 20' food trailer WITH MASSIVE smoker. I use only pecan wood and PLEASE keep in mind, the PECOS model will only reach temps over 200 with a really good sized fire going. Use the intake at 50% only after reaching 225 and use the exhaust at 10-35% to control temp after that. AND please, keep feeding the fire. You will be very happy with the results. Also, try placing a 9x13 tin foil pan straddled the incoming heat from the fire box to the smoke area with a gallon of apple juice. It will steam off and help keep the meat moist.

Reactions: juancho
1 more thing mee1, the Old Country Pecos is the only 1 I found in Austin where the exhaust pipe is down at meat level, forcing the smoke to come down the the top of the meat before leaving the chamber. Helps a lot with even smoke flavor.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky