Hello! Another one from Western Colorado!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Gonna guess its Fruita Wood. Bert the owner is good people. They are the largest BBQ shop between Vegas and KC. They supply the source wood for a lot of national chunk and pellet brands. They ship their wood everywhere. I did a cook with their peach wood splits and neighbors said it was the best Que they've ever had!

Yup". That's him.  I need to run across town and pick up his recommended rub, a jar of his recommended brine, and an injector.  Nearly have my kit put together.  Wood chips will start dribbling in tomorrow.

Hallelujah!

I have a couple of emails from Sub.  Is that what you sent, or should I check it more often? 

Actually, they were notification about being replied to.

Me email is notoriously slow in posting new messages! 
th_violent5.gif

Last edited:
Found what looks like a good Texas BBQ sauce recipe, but it needs fresh Jalapenos.  I went to the local Totilla Factory and bought a hand full of them (they also sell fresh tamales, and hard to find Mexican spices.  I bought a bunch Saturday).  They're going to be the first thing I smoke, probably Friday.  Wish me luck!  (hope I don't burn the house down when my smoker explodes!  LOL)

Also, I have made a good start on my "Smoking Bible".  I thief'd some recipes from here and around the web.  Some I'm going to have to modify from grill to smoker, and adjust some sauces.  But I bought a BIG 3-ring binder and a good supply of page protector s.

I wonder how many binders I am going to accumulate?

Last edited:
Ok, I have a couple of questions on terminology.

First is, I assume that "Que pics" means step by step photos of the process, correct?

And second, what is meant by the term "Probe Tender"?  Probe easily inserted?

I guess I may have to keep this thread alive as I run across other questions.  Is doing so kosher?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky