HAWG'S SPIRAL HAM THE BEARCARVER WAY! **FINAL PICS**

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Hawging It

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jan 1, 2019
Southeast Mississippi
When I saw Bear's post about the Free Double Smoked Ham, I knew I had to try it. I smoked the ham EXACTLY how Bear described in his post. He also answered several of my questions before I started. Thank you very much Bear. One big issue I thought I had was no rack to place the bacon ends and glaze in. It needs to sit over the ham and drip the bacon grease and glaze onto the ham. All I have in the arsenal is 2 stick burners and a Weber Kettle. NO overhead racks for dripping. I went to Walmart to pick up a couple of aluminum pans and was about to leave that section and looked down and WHAT!!! A Sterno pan rack. $8.79. I had to cut a couple of small pieces of the rack off so the bacon pan would sit level. The high today was 40 degrees with a north wind steady @ 12 to 15. The Bayou Classic handled it like a champ. Smoked between 225 and 230. I am happy with the results and I am glad I found the BEARCARVER rack so I could smoke the ham the BEARCARVER WAY. Plenty of pics below.
COST.jpg

GOLD WRAP.jpg

MOD MINION WITH CHERRY.jpg

Royal Oak Classic with Cherry chunks

STERNO RACK.jpg

Sterno Rack
HAM FINISHED.jpg

All done.
CUT AND SLICED.jpg

LOTS OF WONDERFUL HAWG MEAT

VAC PACKED.jpg

SAVED SOME FOR TODAY AND VAC PACKED THE REST.

Last edited:
looks good from here. i'll take a few slices please. yeah I did a ham bear style a few month's back they do come out good.

Reactions: Hawging It
I let it rest in the fridge overnight. Sliced, tasted and vac packed. Wow! No more Honey Baked Ham for us. From now on I will smoke myself Bear's way. Going to make some biscuits for breakfast and slide some of the ham in there!

Looks fantastic!
I quit smoking spiral cut hams cause all the juice runs out of the ham.
I only smoke uncut hams, then slice them real thin on the meat slicer & have ham sliders.
I realize that you can get so much more flavor in the ham by putting your rub in between the slices, but I like the ham flavor & sliced paper thin it's hard to beat.
But that being said your ham looks absolutely delicious!!!
Very nicely done!!
Al

Looks fantastic!
I quit smoking spiral cut hams cause all the juice runs out of the ham.
I only smoke uncut hams, then slice them real thin on the meat slicer & have ham sliders.
I realize that you can get so much more flavor in the ham by putting your rub in between the slices, but I like the ham flavor & sliced paper thin it's hard to beat.
But that being said your ham looks absolutely delicious!!!
Very nicely done!!
Al
Thanks a lot Al. It was fun and very tasty.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky