Having a Brain Fart!!!!!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

turkey mama

Smoke Blower
Original poster
May 28, 2011
Eagle River, Wisconsin
Hi All, well Venison Summer Sausage is almost done @ 153 degrees.  I suddenly can't remember do I put in cold water and hang to dry.  Can't remember is cold water bath is necessary.  Thanks in advance for help.
icon_question.gif

Seven viewing and nobody knows the answer?  Well for all of you, I looked up several website recipes and the consensus is cold water bath, dry and refrigerate.  But thanks anyway.

Thanks JarHead.  I read not to hang out at room temp on some (temp here is 72 degrees}   The last ones I did hand out overnight and then refrigerated. 

ice bath works just fine for ss. I do a bath followed by a hang-dry & bloom. then refrigerate.

Sorry I missed the 40-minute-window-to-answer deadline.....
30.gif

Kevin

Last edited:
After the ice bath I just hang to dry.

Seven viewing and nobody knows the answer?  Well for all of you, I looked up several website recipes and the consensus is cold water bath, dry and refrigerate.  But thanks anyway.
TM, morning......   About the number of views listed on your thread.....  Folks, who are not members, can view threads and their views are tallied....  The drawback to that is, they can not comment or answer your questions....  It just seems like you are being ignored when in fact no response can be made...   The numbers on the main page show 232 viewers and 34 are members.....   Don't feel snubbed...  That is just the way it is...    Dave

Like Dave pointed out, if you look on the main page you can see the activity level. Doesn't mean you are being ignored. Might mean that no one online has the correct answer.  

Currently, there are 220  Active Users   (26 Members and 194 Guests) Make me Inactive (hidden)

Glad you got your answer...And those members on line may not be Sausage Heads also...I agree with Nepas ..Hope yours turned out real good...

Thanks everyone for your replies.  Guess I didn't realize that some were viewers only and not members and couldn't reply.  Answers were a big help, just couldn't remember.  After fighting cancer and having Chemo, they blame forgetfulness as "Chemo Brain".  LOL

Hey - your SMF family is here for you. Let us know how we can help

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky