Happy Thanksgiving

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cruizer

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Feb 7, 2009
Southeastern Arizona
Well folks it's about 4 weeks to Thanksgiving. We are having a big get together in the little town of Bisbee Az. Wanting to know of some of your plans and maybe some recipes for some sides dishes. Got a good idea from chefrob for chilaquiles for breakfast the day before along with a fattie or two. OMG that stuff is great. Have not been smoking that long so was really looking for some side dishes from across the realm. My thanks go out to each and every one of you for the help you provide each and every day.
PDT_Armataz_01_28.gif

Hope we all have a lot to be thankful for! I'll also be firing up the smoker with a brisket, a (wild) turkey and some ABTs thrown in for good measure!

I have a sneaky suspicion that I will be smoking some birds for the neighborhood. In advance of this, I already smoked one for me last weekend just to make sure I had my process down. You can check it out here:

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/for...ad.php?t=83062

I love Thanksgiving. Mrs. Engineer and I both have a lot to be thankful for...We will be celebrating our anniversary on the 27th...the day after thanksgiving (this year), so we will be celebrating all weekend.

I plan on doing some turkeys for me and several friends...

Carol said she wants a cured, smoked turkey breast. Just happen to have one in the freezer.
biggrin.gif
I might try some smoked candied sweet potatoes, never did that though. Another first might be cheesy cauliflower in the smoker also, if Carol would eat it. You never know about her.
mad.gif

Oh, and no Thanksgiving dinner would be complete without dressing.

Bisbee huh? I sure love that town,grew up just next door-the weekend at the copper queen sounds nice! I will have a long WE. so prolly a snack stick time if the weather is cool.

My wife Gloria, will be making a Turkey Ole that includes NM green chile and smoked Monterey Jack cheese. BTW, my wife was born in Bisbee, her mom in Tintown, and her dad was from Douglas. Small world my friend.

Will be staying in Naco Junction Richioso. Wow small world indeed. Tell me more about the turkey ole.
PDT_Armataz_01_28.gif

It works and looks awsome Rich.
points.gif
Thanks.

Thanks Rich looks great on my to do list for sure. OK Ron lets get cracken on the smoked candied sweet potatoes. I will try that this weekend with view. Any ideas? Should I poach them first to crack the skins? Sounds great! Any imput would be great because this is new frontier for me.
PDT_Armataz_01_28.gif

I will be in Singapore working so no turkey for me that day maybe some fried baby squid or some chili crab. I may do something next weekend since its my last at home before I head back....BUT I ahve Xmas and new Years off BUT I will be in Orlando for 2 weeks at Disney.....Be there from the 18th to the 31st or something like that....WOOHOO

My plan would be to boil the taters till tender, skin them, slice in 1/4 ' slices. Then take some butter and melt it add brown sugar and simmer till it is thick like a sauce. Put taters in a pan and pour the sauce over and smoke at 225' for a couple hours. That is what I would try, not sure it would work though. I would just watch them and see, you may need to modify as you go. My mom made the best candied yams the same way except she used a skillet to finish.

Good luck and let me know how they turn out.

Im sure we will be housing the whole famn Damily as usual and we will cook a couplr of birds and all the fixines for sure I sure there will be plenty of Q too.

Rich, your link works perfectly and WOW~ What a mouthwatering, picture perfect meal! Man I love it, thanks for sharing
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Around here we like to try our hand at all kinds of international dishes all year long, so Thanksgiving and Christmas meals are a home-coming of sorts, sticking to the traditional.

Oven roasted turkey, mashed potatoes and gravy, homemade cranberry dressing sauce etc... and course, punkin pie. Always an old-timey beer-cheese bread, braided loaf on the side- good stuff- don't know where that came from but she always makes it and I always love it.

Hope you all have a great Thanksgiving!

they go great with a fried egg.....chorrizo/potato fattie.......could be good!

Wow Rich what a feast - I am just outside Camp Pendleton and will be looking for a family to feed -if I get a hispanic one this will be on the menu
Thanks for sharing the great recipe

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky