Greetings for Maryland

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Which Master Build Smoker should I go for?

Results are only viewable after voting.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

GoofySGB

Original poster
Nov 3, 2017
Hello all I have been reading the forums for a while and in need of some help. I have a charcoal smoker but due to size and new location looking at getting an electric smoker. I am torn between the two at the moment.
Masterbuilt 20078715
Masterbuilt 20070910

I have a BBQ guru cyberq and recently got their power raptor. I am looking for something I can smoke overnight or while I am at work. Mind you I work 10 min from the house. The CyberQ is great I have used it on my chargrill when I am home but looking for something that requires a little less attention.

my question is as follow and if you can help please let me know.

• neither has a built-in food thermometer so how would I add one just run a line down the dampener?
  • Can I use the BBQ Raptor with this electric smoker
  • Finally which one should I go for I heard the GEN 1 is the best but not a fan of the door on handle on the left side and the drip tray in the back. I plan to build a small incloser and run the vent out the roof so I can smoke in the winter time as well.

Well, GoofySGB, I can't help you with your electron choice, but I can welcome you to SMF! Glad you're here and seeking answers. There are lots of electron smokers here so someone will be along shortly.

Enjoy the forum!

Ray

Hello all I have been reading the forums for a while and in need of some help. I have a charcoal smoker but due to size and new location looking at getting an electric smoker. I am torn between the two at the moment.
Masterbuilt 20078715
Masterbuilt 20070910

I have a BBQ guru cyberq and recently got their power raptor. I am looking for something I can smoke overnight or while I am at work. Mind you I work 10 min from the house. The CyberQ is great I have used it on my chargrill when I am home but looking for something that requires a little less attention.

my question is as follow and if you can help please let me know.

• neither has a built-in food thermometer so how would I add one just run a line down the dampener?
  • Can I use the BBQ Raptor with this electric smoker
  • Finally which one should I go for I heard the GEN 1 is the best but not a fan of the door on handle on the left side and the drip tray in the back. I plan to build a small incloser and run the vent out the roof so I can smoke in the winter time as well.

Here's the link that will get you to the "Electric Smokers" discussion and am sure there would be others using those electric smokers that you mentioned
http://smokingmeatforums.com/index.php?forums/electric-smokers.110/
AND Welcome to SMF

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky