Greatest Song Ever Recorded

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
In HS, some of my friends pointed out that my name is yelled in Sly Stone's "Dance to the Music." At the end of the music intro, it sounds like somebody yells "Ray Gray!" I have no idea what is actually yelled, but I hear my name each time because of my buds.

As funny as this sounds, "In Spite of Ourselves" is mine and Emily's song. We are also big John prine fans for a lot of years. My oldest daughter and wife saw John prines son tommy in concert last year. He's ok but not like dad. Also if you haven't seen the movie he was talking about in the beginning of the video you should. John's in it and its awesome

Some great music listed here. I'm a little surprised Molly Hatchett and Twisted Sister didn't get a mention. For me the chart topper is American Pie.

Reactions: MJB05615
"In Spite of Ourselves"
Love It ! Gets better every time I hear it .

Mason Proffit : Two Hangmen .
Signs : Five man electrical band
Doors : Riders on the storm
Sealers wheel : Stuck in the middle with you .
4 Non Blondes : Whats up .
Moody Blues : Nights in White satin .

This could go on forever .

Reactions: gmc2003
I can't believe nobody mentioned Hanson -- mmmbop

Chris

• Wow
Reactions: TNJAKE
My playlist is way too long.... here's some from the B List
Blind Faith Can't find my way home.
Bob Dylan Anything he sang
Byrds Mr Tambourine Man, Turn Turn Turn

I Think we should rename the thread... ''What's On Your Playlist''

Now your getting into my neck of the woods... As I said above... I'm a Southern/Country Rocker ...

Anybody remember--- New Riders of the Purple Sage ?

I do remember them but again I was/am a Southern/Country Rocker as well but listen to a lot of stuff pretty much if it's classic rock I'm listening.
As you said just no way to pick the "greatest" there are to many and it can change depending on mood.

I'm a huge Marshal Tucker fan. Went to see them at the Cross Roads in KC. Doug Gray was so stinking drunk his vocals kept dragging the band down. I was pissed! Love their recorded stuff but would never pay to see them live again. R.I.P. Toy Caldwell.

Reactions: 912smoker
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky