Lebanon Bologna

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mr_whipple

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jul 3, 2021
Virginia
I'd heard of this, but it never crossed my radar until the other day at Harris Teeter. It caught my eye in the lunch meat section because of the sale tag on the price so I grabbed one. Holy smokes... I was not prepared for the taste. That is unlike any bologna I have ever tasted. I actually really like it, but I was not expecting what I got... kinda like drinking orange juice thinking it's milk? Apparently there's a sweet version also? I'm going back to HT later today and if there's any left I'm gonna buy a bunch. The things I learn at this point in my life....🤷‍♂️

Is it the Kunzler lebnun....(thats how we said it up in Lancaster county)

• Haha
Reactions: LhornR
Is it the Kunzler lebnun....(thats how we said it up in Lancaster county)
Nope... thought I attached a pic in the OP...

20231203_085015.jpg

I buy it at the little market up the street . Not sure of the brand , but it has a heavy smudge of smoke . I like the regular .

Reactions: mr_whipple
Nope... thought I attached a pic in the OP...

View attachment 682434
Yup

That was the other up in PA. We can get at the Amish mkt by us per the pound like $7.49 fresh sliced.

Where we live in PA, Ephrata the Amish guy down the rd Kings meats he made reg and sweet lebnun in muslin bags....really good.

We always called it Lebanese bologna. I haven't had it since I was a kid. Mom used to buy it at the deli.

Chris

Reactions: mr_whipple
I buy that from time to time. Love the stuff. It's like a cross between bologna and salami.
I'll add it to grilled cheese sandwich. Weird. I know. But tasty as heck.

Yup

That was the other up in PA. We can get at the Amish mkt by us per the pound like $7.49 fresh sliced.

Where we live in PA, Ephrata the Amish guy down the rd Kings meats he made reg and sweet lebnun in muslin bags....really good.
SteveH.. that's what I thought. Salami? Bologna?? I lean towards the salami, but either way I'm liking this stuff.

BGKY, I'd love to try the sweet for comparison.

Reactions: Steve H
I'd heard of this, but it never crossed my radar until the other day at Harris Teeter. It caught my eye in the lunch meat section because of the sale tag on the price so I grabbed one. Holy smokes... I was not prepared for the taste. That is unlike any bologna I have ever tasted. I actually really like it, but I was not expecting what I got... kinda like drinking orange juice thinking it's milk? Apparently there's a sweet version also? I'm going back to HT later today and if there's any left I'm gonna buy a bunch. The things I learn at this point in my life....🤷‍♂️
Yep I eat it all the time it’s made about an 1.5hr from our house….. one of my favorite deli meats…. Seltzers offers a double smoked version, sweet chipotle they are all fantastic….. it is my goal to try to make it at home theres nothing like it

Reactions: LhornR
Man I haven't had that stuff for years. When I was a kid it was the only things would eat for lunch at school. If that two slices of bread with mustard, two of "Lebunun" and one cheese wasn't in my school bus lunchbox I wouldn't eat.

Dayum...now I want some again! :emoji_thinking:

• Haha
Reactions: Steve H
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky