Glock 27 or Smith and Wesson M&P 40c

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Which CCW?

• Glock 27

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Smith and Wesson M&P 40c

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I have been working in a gun shop for long time now.. my uncle is a master gunsmith so i get to play with this kind of stuff all the time.. I can tell you this its a coin flip between the 2 it will come down to what is more comfortable in your hand...

P.s if your are carrying this concealed and going to use it just for that you should take a look at the ruger LCP .380 auto its a great CCW gun...

Last edited:
I carry a S&W 9mm so I am going with S&W. I also have a 380 and its just to small for my hand...Nice Nep  very nice and Thank Your son for his service for our country !

I like my auto. A gift from my son. Re worked. Metal main spring housing, trigger pull from 11 down to 4 lbs, solid hammer, match barrel.

52d9a040_hyt.jpg

11c304b6_gnow.jpg
I think I have pistol envy.

i voted for the glock and i am not a glock fan by any means.....nuthin' wrong with them, i just don't like the way they feel in MY hand and the muzze flip on a .45 (that's what i shoot for SD) makes the second shot sight aquisition a little longer to set. they are ugly but then i doubt it matters when the SHTF.

i would never own a S&W product based on MY OWN experience with customer service...........or lack there of.

The only dif. between the Gen 4 and the Gen 3 are the grip and $30.
bob, that and the recall on the return spring.........i still like the gen 3 grips better, but that's just me.

here is my newest aquisition........ain't no consealin' this one:

314f2580_44superredhawk20001_jpg_thumbnail0.jpg

good luck Jeremy and see if you can go to a range that will let you rent different guns to see what YOU are comfortable with........then look at other things like CS, carry options.....etc....

Rob, morning... I have one of those....  Hand loads... 350 gr hard cast with copper cup on the base loaded to 1100 FPS.... It is fun to shoot... not much recoil either......  

314f2580_44superredhawk20001_jpg_thumbnail0.jpg

dave very cool, haven't got into reloading yet......been looking at the dillon 550.

Man that's a tough one. I would say go with the Glock but the Smith may feel better to you. In reality its all in how the gun fits you and how well you can shoot it. I personally like the Glock 27, my dad likes the Ruger 380, my wife hates both she likes the smith 38 stub nose police special. Personally I feel the Glocks are better made then the new smiths. 

I'm going to be different as i carry a Glock 29 and love it, however as others have said get the one that fits your hand the best. Try to rent a few types to see what you like. Good luck and thank you for your service!

I am not a handgun guy.  Never have been.  But that is about to change.  I am looking at the Ruger and S&W .380's because of their carry ability.

Having said that, I would love to have an old M1911 A1, too?  But that is big bucks to my budget.

Until now my home defense weapon is a Rem 870 short barrel with 00 buck. A great weapon, but not that maneuverable on short notice.

I better get the handguns and ammo before they are no longer legal.

Good luck and good smoking.

I too have a Rock Island in .45 compact. Only got it last Oct. so my count is closer to 200 rounds. Had a bit of trouble (my fault) with the proper seating of bullets on the case so they where not loading into the chamber correctly. But factory rounds went off without a hitch. I have only changed the grips to something with diamond pattern. Didn't care for the slabs that it came with. And bought and installed an extended slide release that I trimmed down some so that it would fit in a slide holster without pushing the butt out to far from my waist.

Personally I rather have a 1911 in lock and loaded mode over that dang hand granade Glock. Heard of to many cases of that wonderful safety built into the trigger getting snagged and shooting the owner in the hip. But each to their own.

And as others have said. Thank you for your service to keep old farts like us safe at home.  HD SSgt of the USAF

Well thanks for all of the advice....however I went to a small range to day and tried a few different ones out and the one that I liked the best was actually the Springfield xd40.  I am about 99 percent sure that is the one that I am going to be getting.

jeremy,

Good choice, Got the XD9SC myself and I do love this gun. Maybe I am just a bit concern about stories I have heard of triggers getting hung up during re-holstering. So if yours is set up like my 9mm. You have the trigger safety and a grip safety. My advice is to start the pistol into the holster. Then make sure you are not depressing the grip safety and you complete pushing the pistol in all of the way in to the holster. Thats one reason I really like a true 1911 with both grip safety and thumb safety.

But know you will enjoy that XD40. And with the rising prices of beef and pork. You might want to go hunting for meet to smoke.

I tried out a few different Glocks, the grip was way too bulky for my hand size, I eventually got a XD9, then an 1911, then a SA Blackhawk, then a Beretta 92FS
PDT_Armataz_01_40.gif

Quote:
Just curious, why do you say to stay away from rock island? I've had mine for a couple years now and have close to 1000 rds through it without a misload or misfire to report, and it is very accurate. I also know a guy who competes with one and does quite well. Like I said, just curious, everyone has their own opinions.
Im going to get a Rock...probably the tactical this summer.  Most of the reviews you read are all positive.  Great gun for the price it seems.  Also, those that have had problems say that Rock took care of them with no issues. 

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky