Glock 27 or Smith and Wesson M&P 40c

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Which CCW?

• Glock 27

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Smith and Wesson M&P 40c

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

navyjeremy

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Jun 27, 2008
Goose Creek, SC
Was not sure where to post this, so if it needs to be moved please do as needed.

Headed back to the states on Friday.....For good....Been wanting to get a concealed carry and right now these are the two that I am leaning towards.  If anybody has an experience with either one your guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Jeremy

Jeremy, evening.... I only am familiar with the 27....  Had a baby eagle 40 at the same time....  Stuck with the 27....   Do not know anything about the S&W..... The trigger pull takes a few hundred rounds to get used to.....  maybe more.....  double action will work in your favor in certain situations, or so I've heard......  Personally, I'm sticking with the Glock..... safe, reliable and the cal starts with a 4...... 

Dave

Dave evening for you morning for me....

I have had ALOT of people tell me they love the Glock, I just want to keep my options open.  Thanks for the insight.

I don't own either, but I've shot both, and my personal preference would be the Glock. I really like the looks of the M&P, but the grips on it were a huge turn off for me. They were very hard plastic and somewhat uncomfortable which left me feeling like it was less secure in my hand but that's just my opinion. Really that's my only gripe on it, I would say either are a good choice, both high quality firearms. I'm in the process of buying a Glock 36 now. I would suggest buying the one that feels best in your hand and has the features you feel most comfortable with.  

Jeremy glad to hear your about to head state side and again thanks for your service. I don't own either of those guns but have shot both and although most of my handguns are S&W's I'd have to go with the Glock.

Why suffer thru such agonizing decisions?? BUY BOTH
PDT_Armataz_01_35.gif

Welcome back to the states Jeremy and also thank you,I also go with a Glock, not the 27 but a Glock.When you get back to the states hit a larger gun store and fire a few models.I belive the trigger pull on the 27 is 5.5 stock, but you can come down to a 3.5 for under $100.The only dif. between the Gen 4 and the Gen 3 are the grip and $30.but even they can be swapped out.Here in AZ we don't need the CCW permit but I do believe it's a good idea to take the class if your going to CC. good luck.

I prefer the S&W, I bought the M&P 45c. Don't like the feel of a glock. But like the others have said, get which ones is more comfort for you. Both are fine guns.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Glock is my choice hands down. i have 2 model 21's and a 27. i also have a few s&w's but they are revolvers. i wouldn't even consider a s&w auto. next up for me is a kimber 1911. i like my 1911 springfield armory but stay away from rock island.

I like my auto. A gift from my son. Re worked. Metal main spring housing, trigger pull from 11 down to 4 lbs, solid hammer, match barrel.

52d9a040_hyt.jpg

11c304b6_gnow.jpg

Last edited:
...Headed back to the states on Friday.....For good....Been wanting to get a concealed carry and right now these are the two that I am leaning towards.  If anybody has an experience with either one your guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Jeremy
I tried both when I was considering a BUG. For a .40 in an ultra-compact, light configuration, I really think you need to shoot both for more than a few rounds, and preferably include drills that start with drawing from a rig similar to the way you intend to carry. I'd recommend about 100 rounds of +P ball to simulate your defensive load, through each. You may be able to do as I did and rent them at a local range, or borrow from a friend.

It was an important discovery process for me. I learned how small they really were, control issues from draw, follow-up shots, double and triple tap control, etc. I'm sure this sounds like overkill, but I learned that, for my hands, I had better control of the 40c than I did the Glock 27. It (the Glock) tried to squirt out of my hands, and magazine exchanges were difficult at speed. If it is going to be your carry weapon, you need to know these things. Both are solid pistols, which you choose should depend on which works best for you.

Last edited:
You might also want to look at the S&W 4013TSW not plastic but I sure like mine

Glock is my choice hands down. i have 2 model 21's and a 27. i also have a few s&w's but they are revolvers. i wouldn't even consider a s&w auto. next up for me is a kimber 1911. i like my 1911 springfield armory but stay away from rock island.

Just curious, why do you say to stay away from rock island? I've had mine for a couple years now and have close to 1000 rds through it without a misload or misfire to report, and it is very accurate. I also know a guy who competes with one and does quite well. Like I said, just curious, everyone has their own opinions.

Love the Glock  i have at the moment 19 and a 17c .  the 27 is a good gun but so is the M&P 40c. bout are great guns ,the 27 is easy to maintain and it easy to take apart.

but the main think is how does it fill in your hand and with which one you fill conferable .

Just curious, why do you say to stay away from rock island? I've had mine for a couple years now and have close to 1000 rds through it without a misload or misfire to report, and it is very accurate. I also know a guy who competes with one and does quite well. Like I said, just curious, everyone has their own opinions.
i have had 2 over the years and just had bad luck with them. only after several hundred $$ at gunsmith did they work properly. i'm glad you have good luck with yours. the second i submitted reply  i thought oh crap, somebody will say they love their rock island.  oh well, the only time i open my mouth is to change feet.

Glock 36 and a 27 for back up
beercheer.gif

I have never shot or checked out the sw have you looked at the springfield XD's I have the 9mm and I like it also.

i have had 2 over the years and just had bad luck with them. only after several hundred $$ at gunsmith did they work properly. i'm glad you have good luck with yours. the second i submitted reply  i thought oh crap, somebody will say they love their rock island.  oh well, the only time i open my mouth is to change feet.

No worries! I do love my rock island, but I understand every experience is different. thats why we have so many options to choose from 
PDT_Armataz_01_36.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky