Smith & Wesson M&P

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
DITTO!
PDT_Armataz_01_22.gif

That little air weight can be a handful though. I had the wife shoot one and she didn't care for it at all. I didn't mind it but prefer my Springfield XD 9 sub compact, I shoot it a whole lot better also. The wife ended up getting a CZ 75B that she does pretty fair with. I ended up selling the air weight.

Tried to give
points.gif
For the young lad with a Marlin . said spread them around , But before this thread gets sent into the political neverlands of ones and zeros . Thank You for getting those young lads out there and
1. teaching them about firearm safety
2. Showing them how food actually makes it from field to table.

Not enough of those lessons taught in todays world IMHO

I have a original Belgian Browning Hi-Power (bought new years back), and frankly I have come to not like the large frame autos like the HP and the 92SB any more. Just too much size and weight. Depending on where and what, I'll either use my Colt Combat Commander or Beretta Model 84 .380. Heck, sometimes the old Cellini-compensated S&W 686 wheelgun seems like a nice carry.

Civil liability being what it is these days, I've grown a bit leery of large caliber / high energy loads, as there's too much uncertainty about what a round does or where it ends up if it misses or goes through a target. Not whining, but as a former LEO I've seen too many issues arise from strays. I hope that noone takes offense, but I'm one that feels there's nowhere near enough mandatory training for carry permits.

I just bought a JUDGE 3" magnum 410 / 45 colt for close range home defense gun and I can't find any 45 colts any where I also reload and can't find any primers , So that is going on out there ? The goverment giving us our guns but taking away our ammo ? I looked all over on the internet for reloading supplies and certain ammo and there is none . ( backordered - no backorder , out of stock ) Have the rest of you gun owners seen this also ?

I'm a NRA menber and I just opened my new DILLION BLUE PRESS magazine and looked up reloading supplies - no brass , no bullets , no primers ( no backorders ) I know a person that works for Federal Cartridge and they are working 24/7 7 days a week .

KAHR p-9 is what I carry. It is smallenough to carry while wearing shorts and still has a big punch on the other end. Six of my friends and family also carry this gun and we have never had a problem.

Guys I can appreciate what your saying but lets not get into politics we know where that goes. Lets keep it into gun talk and we'll be fine

I just picked up 11 boxes of .22 CCI Mini Mags for $3.28 a box from a Kmart that was going under. That's all they had.

For home defense I have a Mossberg 500 Defender next to the bed. It's loaded up with 3" 00 buck. It's a bruiser to shoot with these loads though.

No worries.
cool.gif

We pretty much don't have to here in AZ. As I'm sure you are aware we are an open carry State. Aside from banks, bars, etc you can go just about anywhere with a firearm strapped to your side.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

I can not comment on the S&W as I do not own one. I will commend you on your choice of the 40 cal. Ballistics are very good for this round and it is sometimes called a 10mm short. I personally carry the Para LDA in 40 cal, and sometimes the Springfield Ultra compact 45 cal. Currently I own 7 handguns but use to have 14 before I cut my self in half before a move cross country a few years ago. Well hope you find what you need.

Just to jump in the fray here.. I own and carry a Smith & Wesson M&P .40 (along with others depending). Great piece! As reliable as anything else I own.

Have you looked at the Walther PPS .40? That will probably be my next CCW.

People are really buying up ammo around our little place too. A good friend of mine owns a small gun store in town and has an FFL license and says he's running low on some ammo and has ordered more but doesn't know when they will come in. He's all out of 9's and 45 ACP. One guy came in and bought his last 8 boxes of the 9's last week.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky