French Bread Recipe @SmokinEdge

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

indaswamp

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
Apr 27, 2017
South Louisiana-Yes, it is HOT
So I was flipping through my grandmothers favorite cook book.....The McCalls Cook Book. Copyright 1963
IMG_20230124_220032.jpg

She grew up on a plantation home and could cook and bake anything. And with 9 kids, she did a lot of cooking! This was her favorite French Bread recipe. Posting it for you SmokinEdge SmokinEdge

IMG_20230124_202555.jpg

IMG_20230124_202625.jpg

Thank you Sir! I much appreciate this. I’m not a baker but I’m fixing to grow some legs for it. That French bread is amazingly good. And the all purpose flour makes good sense to keep the bread light.

Thanks for sharing this. I'll give it a shot in the near future. I love French bread and have it all the time. Just got a French bread, I guess its called a pan, for Christmas.

Dave

That looks great Keith, I'll be giving that a shot. I have some sourdough starter on the way here after screwing up my first effort, no bubbles, getting replaced. I'm thinking combine the starter with this recipe and it would produce a loaf that would be tough to beat. Worth a try anyway, bookmarked and thanks for posting! RAY

I made a ton of bread back in the day before I came up with gluten issues, IDK, maybe 10 or 15 years ago. I have a lengthy recipe book of bread recipes somewhere around here that includes a killer Italian bread, crusty outside but soft inside, a great rye bread loaf, bagels, my great grandmother's white bread recipe. I used to pretty much make all my own bread. The gluten free thing ended all that because the recipes only work with wheat flour well.

Reactions: SmokinEdge
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky