First time writer, long time smoker!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Gllshaw

Original poster
Jun 1, 2020
Hello All,

A quick intro first, then I will ask a question.
Just picked up a new Horizon 16" Ranger (see pics). This is my 4th or 5th smoker... All others have roached out and I never had the urge to repair them. I have been doing ribs, brisket, shoulders, etc... I am now enjoying the challenge of making my own bbq sauces (I don't cook with them, they are set as a side for whom ever wants it).

I am new to the "higher end" off-set smokers, I want to make sure I use the right product for the best set up and results. This grill is amazing and I love everything about it except it has some leaks. What is the best product (and where is the best place to buy) to close off these leaks? I have seen a couple products out there but figured this would be the best place to get real world results.

Thank you for listen, all help is greatly appreciated.

G.

Attachments

• BBQ.1.jpg
    BBQ.1.jpg
    205.9 KB · Views: 12
  • BBQ.2.jpg
    BBQ.2.jpg
    218.2 KB · Views: 11
I have used lava lock gasket and high temp food grade silicon caulk to fix leaks.

JC :emoji_cat:

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky